PCI slot/AGP fan cooler question

Hello all:

I'm planning on O/C my ATI 9500 pro and bought a PCI slot "AGP" cooler.
I've
installed it and noticed an immediate drop in case temps : ) I understand
that this is not the best cooling solution out there but for $15.00 CDN, it
is by far the cheapest. I won't be O/Cing to the extreme anyways. I just
want to smooth out BF 1942, and BFV with all the eyecandy.

My question is:

I've installed it in the PCI slot directly below the Vid card and I figure
that since the two fans are more or less "fighting" for the same air (the
PCI fan exhausts), both
fans must work harder than they normally would. I wanted to make sure that
it doesn't interfere or shorten the life span of the actual Vid card fan.

Should I drop the addon fan to the next PCI slot?

Derek
2 answers Last reply
More about slot cooler question

    I had mine at the bottom below the AGP card.

    In article <xLmyc.732621$Ig.304247@pd7tw2no>, "Derek" <bob@home.com> wrote:
    >Hello all:
    >
    >I'm planning on O/C my ATI 9500 pro and bought a PCI slot "AGP" cooler.
    >I've
    >installed it and noticed an immediate drop in case temps : ) I understand
    >that this is not the best cooling solution out there but for $15.00 CDN, it
    >is by far the cheapest. I won't be O/Cing to the extreme anyways. I just
    >want to smooth out BF 1942, and BFV with all the eyecandy.
    >
    >My question is:
    >
    >I've installed it in the PCI slot directly below the Vid card and I figure
    >that since the two fans are more or less "fighting" for the same air (the
    >PCI fan exhausts), both
    >fans must work harder than they normally would. I wanted to make sure that
    >it doesn't interfere or shorten the life span of the actual Vid card fan.
    >
    >Should I drop the addon fan to the next PCI slot?
    >
    >Derek

    You should have bought this cooler

    http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/vga_silencer

    http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/vga_silencer/compatibility_en.pdf