id Software Responds to Doom 4 Screens Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
In other words, they are real but when they were leaked and ID saw that people didn't like what they saw, they quickly dismissed them as unofficial.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]spp85[/nom]Oh my god it happened again?? Looks like a Call of duty MW3 Graphics.[/citation]

Did you really expect DOOM 4 to set the new graphical standard? Looks pretty normal considering it's most likely marketed towards consoles.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Oh god no, not idtech5.
Prebaked shadows(step backwords from DOOM3), no physics at all except on characters, and all textures up close look like half-life 1 thanks to carmack's megatexture crap... as seen in RAGE..

Someone has to tell him to stop living in the 90s...

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]Oh god no, not idtech5.Prebaked shadows(step backwords from DOOM3), no physics at all except on characters, and all textures up close look like half-life 1 thanks to carmack's megatexture crap... as seen in RAGE..Someone has to tell him to stop living in the 90s...[/citation]

IDD! Carmack has become a money shark...we should know better than supporting him all the years he was not getting extremely rich...

Wamphryi

Distinguished
When I compare the amount of money I have paid iD to the hundreds of hours of gaming happiness I have received since the release of Knee Deep in the Dead I reckon I have got my moneys worth. The best game is the one that is fun to play imho.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]spp85[/nom]Oh my god it happened again?? Looks like a Call of duty MW3 Graphics.[/citation]

If Doom's 4 story and plot writing is good, then I can forgive it's poor graphics. I'd rather prefer low graphics with great plot, than the other way around.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Man, this does look pretty lackluster. Gaming is actually devolving right now, I swear. Until the next-gen consoles come out we are not going to see any real progress.

I'm so sick of developers focusing on consoles.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]Man, this does look pretty lackluster. Gaming is actually devolving right now, I swear. Until the next-gen consoles come out we are not going to see any real progress. I'm so sick of developers focusing on consoles.[/citation]

Nothing will change. By that time, PC gaming is going to be on a whole new level, and everybody will be complaining about the consoles holding back the graphics..... again.

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
If we see much more of this obvious focus on consoles I'll guarantee, that until things change, mid and in particular, high-end pc gfx cards are going to start taking a serious hit. I'm pretty certain that NVIDIA and AMD won't be too happy for their revenue outlook in this section of the PC market.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]Why can't we have a FPS that isn't all doom and gloom and death with destruction.More fun and family oriented... like candy land.[/citation]

I could get with that. Caramel and Nougat splattered hallways. Rip open a skull with a chainsaw gun and marshmallow sauce pours out.

skaz

Distinguished
Probably be another console focused game. Shame. Speculation of course. I really hope they dig back to their PC roots and gear doom 4 up for us PC owners.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Hopefully Carmak has figured out how to make the textures not look like puree'd ass. I mean, Rage looked like crap, and it was almost 30 gigs. Skyrim looks better and has 10x the content and it's only 7 gigs.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Does anyone have any experience making games? I am wondering if it's harder to make better models or the mechanics. I'm assuming the game mechanics and engine customizations or whatever take a lot more time, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.