I just built a new PC for my son:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD XP 2400+
RADEON 9000 Pro 128MB
Samsung 120MB SATA HD
256MB PNY DDR PC2100
420W Raidmax case/PSU
Cyberdrive 32x CDRW

After install, when attempting to launch the game...Splash screen
comes
up for a few seconds, CD drive spins, then NOTHING. No error message
or fault. Not
running in background. I have installed latest patch w/o any
improvement.

I contacted EA Games support...Suggested closing all background
processes, adjusting audio hardware acceleration, patching, checking
DX9 intstallation. I even edited the default video refresh text file.
Nothing has worked!

I have searched the web & found a couple of other people w/ this
problem...But no solution is posted.

The game works fine on my Abit KG7-R, XP2100+, R9800 Pro system.

Does anyone have an idea?

what do you mean by "nothing"? Does the game simply disappear and you
are back at the desktop?

What OS are you using?

Does the game create a log file, if so, have a look therein for clues
as to what is going wrong.

Try changing color depth (try 16 or 32 bit).

I've run the BF1942 demo on my win2k/a7n8x-dlx system (with Radeon
8500 and 9800).

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Big Fan" <help@mail.com> wrote in message
| Big frustration!
|
| I just built a new PC for my son:
|
| Asus A7N8X Deluxe
| AMD XP 2400+
| RADEON 9000 Pro 128MB
| Samsung 120MB SATA HD
| 256MB PNY DDR PC2100
| 420W Raidmax case/PSU
| Cyberdrive 32x CDRW
|
| After install, when attempting to launch the game...Splash screen
| comes
| up for a few seconds, CD drive spins, then NOTHING. No error message
| or fault. Not
| running in background. I have installed latest patch w/o any
| improvement.
|
| I contacted EA Games support...Suggested closing all background
| processes, adjusting audio hardware acceleration, patching, checking
| DX9 intstallation. I even edited the default video refresh text
file.
| Nothing has worked!
|
| I have searched the web & found a couple of other people w/ this
| problem...But no solution is posted.
|
| The game works fine on my Abit KG7-R, XP2100+, R9800 Pro system.
|
| Does anyone have an idea?

Paul

Splendid

In article <1qskc014kdf0arm7r0u1mamhki0r0hf725@4ax.com>, Big Fan
<help@mail.com> wrote:

> Big frustration!
>
> I just built a new PC for my son:
>
> Asus A7N8X Deluxe
> AMD XP 2400+
> RADEON 9000 Pro 128MB
> Samsung 120MB SATA HD
> 256MB PNY DDR PC2100
> 420W Raidmax case/PSU
> Cyberdrive 32x CDRW
>
> After install, when attempting to launch the game...Splash screen
> comes
> up for a few seconds, CD drive spins, then NOTHING. No error message
> or fault. Not
> running in background. I have installed latest patch w/o any
> improvement.
>
> I contacted EA Games support...Suggested closing all background
> processes, adjusting audio hardware acceleration, patching, checking
> DX9 intstallation. I even edited the default video refresh text file.
> Nothing has worked!
>
> I have searched the web & found a couple of other people w/ this
> problem...But no solution is posted.
>
> The game works fine on my Abit KG7-R, XP2100+, R9800 Pro system.
>
> Does anyone have an idea?

Is 256MB enough memory to run the game and the OS at
the same time ?

Is DirectX installed ? Does the game need DirectX ?
Have the chipset drivers for the Nforce2 chipset been
installed, and also the Catalyst driver and control panel
packages from ATI ?

If running dxdiag, from the DirectX install, are all three
acceleration functions listed as working ?

Can you run a program like 3DMark2001SE ? Or for that matter,
any 3D demo programs that rely on the video card functioning
and being installed properly.

HTH,
Paul

OS: XP Pro SP 1, new install

Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0

It plays Splinter Cell, Call of Duty & Warcraft OK.

Using latest ATI Catalyst 4.5, DX 9b, & Nforce drivers & BIOS

I used to have this vid card & the game ran fine.

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:59:13 -0400, Big Fan <help@mail.com> wrote:

>Big frustration!
>
>I just built a new PC for my son:
>
>Asus A7N8X Deluxe
>AMD XP 2400+
>RADEON 9000 Pro 128MB
>Samsung 120MB SATA HD
>256MB PNY DDR PC2100
>420W Raidmax case/PSU
>Cyberdrive 32x CDRW
>
>After install, when attempting to launch the game...Splash screen
>comes
>up for a few seconds, CD drive spins, then NOTHING. No error message
>or fault. Not
>running in background. I have installed latest patch w/o any
>improvement.
>
>I contacted EA Games support...Suggested closing all background
>processes, adjusting audio hardware acceleration, patching, checking
>DX9 intstallation. I even edited the default video refresh text file.
>Nothing has worked!
>
>I have searched the web & found a couple of other people w/ this
>problem...But no solution is posted.
>
>The game works fine on my Abit KG7-R, XP2100+, R9800 Pro system.
>
>Does anyone have an idea?

I had almost sam problems.....balck screen and sometimes a very poor
video quality...anyway....they told me that I have a poor video card,
that's why (but I still had it more over then the minimum
requirements). Try looking at the ReadMe file, maybe you will se
something interesting....

Regards