[Q] Weird power? problem w/ A7V266-E not starting.

Here's a problematic issue I'm having. After a cross town move, one of my
test machines, a rev 1.07 A7V266-E w/ Athlon 2400+ is not making it to POST.
With no peripherals connected and just power to board I get the green light
on the mobo, but despite hooking up the leads to the power pins everyway
possible I cannot get the power supply and heatsink fan etc. to spin up and
start POST. I have verified that there are no standoffs shorting anything
that I can tell.

I put another mobo in the case and it worked. Put the bad mobo in another
case and it didn't.

Question. If the CPU were burned out, wouldn't the fans still kick in when
power is going through things? I think the board itself has just died, I
might be able to salvage the CPU / memory etc. Thanks -

--
www.classicgaming.com/mame32qa
Home of Mame32 .83 [4953 arcade games supported]

When this happens a clear of the CMOS works most of the time well for
me anyway :)

Ive got the same board same revision, i think you have to place the
jumper on the clear cmos pins, but take the battery out first and make
sure you remover the jumper before booting back up with the battery in
:)

Hope this helps.