Assigning a drive letter to my tape drive

I have just connected a scsi python tape drive to a PC.
The PC recognises both the scsi board and the tape drive.
But I am having problems assignig it a drive letter. I
have tried everything. I am running windows XP. Can
anyone help please?

Normally you can not assign a drive letter to a tape drive. Drive letters
are used for direct access, which tape drive can not do. However, I do
recall a software package that did allow you to DLA (Direct Letter access)
but I do not remember the name.