Difference between A7N8X-VM/400 and A7N8X-VM = ??

Hi,

I can't see any difference between these two motherboards ?

Also does anyone has bad experience with either of these ? I'm planning to
integrate it into a Antec Aria cabinet.

thanks ,
jorgen

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:23:43 +0200, "Jorgen [2400]"
<popdreng_væk@popfyr.dk_> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I can't see any difference between these two motherboards ?
>
>Also does anyone has bad experience with either of these ? I'm planning to
>integrate it into a Antec Aria cabinet.
>
>thanks ,
>jorgen

The clue is in the "400".

Look in the manual for "FSB".

It is a board with a "go faster" stripe down the side.

My "go slow" version works fine. But check that it has enough PCI
slots for your purposes. And early versions had problems with the LAN
MAC address.

MK

Michael Kenward Words for sale

actually funny, because both models are categorized as 333 mhz at asus
official website...

so any way, I assume the A7N8X-VM/400 (400 mhz) is the newest one ?

<kenward@ukgateway.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:23:43 +0200, "Jorgen [2400]"
> <popdreng_væk@popfyr.dk_> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I can't see any difference between these two motherboards ?
>>
>>Also does anyone has bad experience with either of these ? I'm planning to
>>integrate it into a Antec Aria cabinet.
>>
>>thanks ,
>>jorgen
>>

> The clue is in the "400".
>
> Look in the manual for "FSB".
>
> It is a board with a "go faster" stripe down the side.
>
> My "go slow" version works fine. But check that it has enough PCI
> slots for your purposes. And early versions had problems with the LAN
> MAC address.
>
> MK

> Michael Kenward Words for sale

I don't know where you looked on the Asus web site.

Go here:

http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7N8X-VM/400&langs=01

Look at the third line down.

"Front Side Bus 400/333/266 MHz"

MK

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 13:20:48 +0200, "Jorgen [2400]"
<popdreng_væk@popfyr.dk_> wrote:

>actually funny, because both models are categorized as 333 mhz at asus
>official website...
>
>so any way, I assume the A7N8X-VM/400 (400 mhz) is the newest one ?
>
><kenward@ukgateway.net> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:23:43 +0200, "Jorgen [2400]"
>> <popdreng_væk@popfyr.dk_> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I can't see any difference between these two motherboards ?
>>>
>>>Also does anyone has bad experience with either of these ? I'm planning to
>>>integrate it into a Antec Aria cabinet.
>>>
>>>thanks ,
>>>jorgen
>>>

>> The clue is in the "400".
>>
>> Look in the manual for "FSB".
>>
>> It is a board with a "go faster" stripe down the side.
>>
>> My "go slow" version works fine. But check that it has enough PCI
>> slots for your purposes. And early versions had problems with the LAN
>> MAC address.
>>
>> MK

>> Michael Kenward Words for sale

I stand corrected.