hard drive failure

May 17, 2004 11:50:13 AM

after updating windows xp and norton internet security,
I restarted my computer and it never rebooted.
I installed a second drive and loaded winxp to it.
after getting up and running i found that my first drive
shows raw format, i have tried a lot of ways to retrieve
the files but everyting fails

Can someone help

More about : hard drive failure

Anonymous
May 18, 2004 3:44:36 PM

Go to the website of the hard drive manufacturer and download and install
their utilities and see if it can tell what the problem with the drive is.

It's possible the drive has failed..... in which case I hope you backed
everything up BEFORE you lost it. If not, we live and learn by our
mistakes. It's always a hard lesson to learn, but has to be done. It's
also not one that is repeated too often!
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

!