hard drive failure

after updating windows xp and norton internet security,
I restarted my computer and it never rebooted.
I installed a second drive and loaded winxp to it.
after getting up and running i found that my first drive
shows raw format, i have tried a lot of ways to retrieve
the files but everyting fails

Can someone help
1 answer Last reply
More about hard drive failure

    Go to the website of the hard drive manufacturer and download and install
    their utilities and see if it can tell what the problem with the drive is.

    It's possible the drive has failed..... in which case I hope you backed
    everything up BEFORE you lost it. If not, we live and learn by our
    mistakes. It's always a hard lesson to learn, but has to be done. It's
    also not one that is repeated too often!
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Bo" <Bohart@cybertron.com> wrote in message
    > after updating windows xp and norton internet security,
    > I restarted my computer and it never rebooted.
    > I installed a second drive and loaded winxp to it.
    > after getting up and running i found that my first drive
    > shows raw format, i have tried a lot of ways to retrieve
    > the files but everyting fails
    >
    > Can someone help

Hard Drives Windows XP