Can't plug and play USB devices

Hi,

Wonder if someone has a clue to these USB problems:

1. I can't plug and play a device connected to the USB
port. I have to pre-connect the device to the USB port
before I boot up the computer in order to get it work.

2. My USB 2.0 flash memory device can never be detected
whether I PNP or pre-connect before booting... i.e.
absolutely nothing happens on the screen.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

For USB 2.0, you must have SP1(a) installed into your Windows XP. This is
where the USB 2.0 drivers are.