Can't plug and play USB devices

Hi,

Wonder if someone has a clue to these USB problems:

1. I can't plug and play a device connected to the USB
port. I have to pre-connect the device to the USB port
before I boot up the computer in order to get it work.

2. My USB 2.0 flash memory device can never be detected
whether I PNP or pre-connect before booting... i.e.
absolutely nothing happens on the screen.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about plug play devices

    For USB 2.0, you must have SP1(a) installed into your Windows XP. This is
    where the USB 2.0 drivers are.

    "mirtazepine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Wonder if someone has a clue to these USB problems:
    >
    > 1. I can't plug and play a device connected to the USB
    > port. I have to pre-connect the device to the USB port
    > before I boot up the computer in order to get it work.
    >
    > 2. My USB 2.0 flash memory device can never be detected
    > whether I PNP or pre-connect before booting... i.e.
    > absolutely nothing happens on the screen.
    >
    > Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Plug And Play USB Devices Windows XP