P4P800E-Deluxe boot very very long

koko

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

I have bought a P4P800E Deluxe motherboard and it works well, but I have a problem because just after the bios detects my hard Drives, the screen becomes black and I wait 30seconds before I can see the Windows Xp loading Screen.
I have desactivated the Raid for my hard drives.

I don't think that it's normal, so can anyone help me to reduce and/or to remove this problem please.

if you need more information about my components, ask me !

it makes me crazy :-( !

thanks !
(Excuse me for my english, but I'm a french guy)

Paul

Splendid

In article <40cb7619$0$2214$626a14ce@news.free.fr>, "koko" <koko@koko.com>
wrote:

> I have bought a P4P800E Deluxe motherboard and it works well, but I
> have a problem because just after the bios detects my hard Drives,
> the screen becomes black and I wait 30seconds before I can see the
> Windows Xp loading Screen. I have desactivated the Raid for my
> hard drives.
>
> I don't think that it's normal, so can anyone help me to reduce
> and/or to remove this problem please.
>
> if you need more information about my components, ask me !
>
> it makes me crazy :-( !
>
> thanks !
> (Excuse me for my english, but I'm a french guy)

I assume your disk drives are connected to the Southbridge.

Using the following settings, will allow four drives to be
connected to the two PATA connectors and two drives to be
connected to the ICH5 Southbridge SATA interfaces (while
using WinXP). The [S-ATA] setting is important, as it
allows all drives to work in full UDMA mode.

Onboard IDE Operate Mode [Enhanced] <--- Main:Ide Configuration
Enhanced Mode Support on [S-ATA]
Configure S-ATA as RAID [No]

Disable the Promise 20378 if you aren't using it.

Onboard Promise Controller [Disabled] <--- Advanced:Onboard Devices

You can also experiment with:

Primary IDE Master <--- Main BIOS page
Primary IDE Slave
Secondary IDE Master
Secondary IDE Slave
Third IDE Master (SATA on ICH5)
Fourth IDE Master (SATA on ICH5)

For any of the six interfaces listed above, if you do not
have a disk connected in that position, enter that entry,
and where it says "Type", set it to [Not Installed].
See section 4.3.5 of the manual for more details. Doing
this may reduce the detection time.

After all of this, there might still be a ten second
wait, during which you will see a black screen and
a flashing "_". I think this is giving you ten seconds
to press the Delete key, in case you want to enter the
BIOS.

After reconfiguring the drives, you will also need to enter
the boot order menu, and correct the settings. My experience
with a P4C800-E, is the settings change any time you adjust
drive settings or add/remove hard drives.

Quick Boot [Enabled] - reduces memory test time during POST.
Full Screen Logo [Disabled] - will show what the system is doing.

Hope that helps,
Paul

Are you on a network? if not the networking on you MoBO may be waiting
for a DHCP address, it will wait for 30 seconds then continue to boot.
If you are not on a network you might try disabeling the LAN on the
card.

Steve

"koko" <koko@koko.com> wrote in

> I have bought a P4P800E Deluxe motherboard and it works well, but I
> have a problem because just after the bios detects my hard Drives, the
> screen becomes black and I wait 30seconds before I can see the Windows
> Xp loading Screen. I have desactivated the Raid for my hard drives.
>
> I don't think that it's normal, so can anyone help me to reduce and/or
> to remove this problem please.
>
> if you need more information about my components, ask me !
>
> it makes me crazy :-( !
>
> thanks !
> (Excuse me for my english, but I'm a french guy)

Try changing your drives from master/slave to cable select (esp. if
Western Digital). It whacked 30 sec off my boot time.