XP pro problems with sound card

I am having nothing but problems with XP pro and editing audio. I have returned an Echo Audio Gina 24 PCI card and the replacement has the same issues. It will work, then not, then work but not well, then work. It is not the card, it appears. Is it true that XP is just not a good platform for audio cards? Any solutions. I need to get back to inputing audio and listening and editing.
1 answer Last reply
More about problems sound card

    have you moved the card to other slots, thereby changing
    the IRQ? there could be a conflict there, depending on
    what you're doing at the time. watch your boot screen and
    bios should show the devices before windows starts. check
    for irq conflicts there also. sound card and usb, no
    problem. sound card and video, problem.
    Good Luck

Windows XP Audio Sound Cards