XP pro problems with sound card

May 17, 2004 3:16:04 PM

I am having nothing but problems with XP pro and editing audio. I have returned an Echo Audio Gina 24 PCI card and the replacement has the same issues. It will work, then not, then work but not well, then work. It is not the card, it appears. Is it true that XP is just not a good platform for audio cards? Any solutions. I need to get back to inputing audio and listening and editing.
May 18, 2004 12:59:20 AM

have you moved the card to other slots, thereby changing
the IRQ? there could be a conflict there, depending on
what you're doing at the time. watch your boot screen and
bios should show the devices before windows starts. check
for irq conflicts there also. sound card and usb, no
problem. sound card and video, problem.
Good Luck
!