A7N8X-VM tv-out

Hi,

I've just bought an A7N8X-VM board and am struggling to get the onboard
TV-OUT feature working properly. Using the default settings the display
is fuzzy and jerky. Playing around with the bios using NTSC makes it
worse, and most other changes hasnt made any difference. There was one
time where the picture was perfect, stupidly, thinking I knew what had
fixed it I went back into the bios to reset everything else back and the
bad picture has returned and ive never got it back since.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem or is it maybe a
problem with my TV. Alternatively know any decent web sites explaining
TV-OUT out and different settings like PAL and NTSC.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Al
2 answers Last reply
More about a7n8x

    As I'm planning to purchase this MB for a living room multimedia machine, I
    would also like to know if the tv-out is worthless!.

    - jorgen

    In article <40cc29c3$0$4575$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk>, Al
    <noemail@NOSPAM.zen.co.uk> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just bought an A7N8X-VM board and am struggling to get the onboard
    > TV-OUT feature working properly. Using the default settings the display
    > is fuzzy and jerky. Playing around with the bios using NTSC makes it
    > worse, and most other changes hasnt made any difference. There was one
    > time where the picture was perfect, stupidly, thinking I knew what had
    > fixed it I went back into the bios to reset everything else back and the
    > bad picture has returned and ive never got it back since.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem or is it maybe a
    > problem with my TV. Alternatively know any decent web sites explaining
    > TV-OUT out and different settings like PAL and NTSC.
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Al

    I've had trouble with video cables before and bad connectors.
    Maybe that is why the picture is fuzzy.

    Looking in Google, there is mention of Rivatuner, a software
    that lists registry entries, for the purposes of tweaking.
    There is also something called TVtool, which allows doing
    some tweaking to video card output.

    http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm

    And, if you aren't happy with the results, a product like this
    does scan conversion, and might give a better output.

    http://www.focusinfo.com/products/tview_goldpci/tview_goldpci.htm

    HTH,
    Paul

Asus TV BIOS Motherboards