Mike

Splendid

Hi I am trying to install a 40 gig hard drive with an old board that has the
award 4.51 bios. (Will not support above 32GB) I've got hold of an old
Maxtor PCI ide card and connected the 40GH to that. It now runs up with
DISC BOOT FAILURE. I am trying to enable it to boot from the win xp cdrom,
but the bios has no boot order settings. How do I get the cd to load, so the
xp disc can format the drive?

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You may have to download the bootdisks from MS if you cannot set the CD to
boot
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310994

hope that helps
Neil