Can anyone help? my computers been fine for ages running
XP 1.31 Ghz processor 256 ram with still well over 18gig
left. BUT loaded up one day and it was Soooooo slow.
turns out after eventually getting task manager up i am
pritty much running at 100% CPU usage all the time. i
have ran an upto date virus checker no virus found and on
start up it roughly sets up about 50 proceses but this
takes up all the usage.

Any sugestions as to what i have done? or solve the
problem (I have tried restore) but for some reason it
will nt let us! PLEASE HELP, you cant believe how long it
has taken to get this far on this snail of a computer!!!!

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

sounds like you've download some spyware by accident and
it's running in the background updating and ready to send
to the 'net' the next time you go on line. Use Ad-Aware
free download to find and kill all that junk.
Good Luck