single-player in CS:force?

Thinking of starting to play CS. Have not tested that or HL before. Is it
possible to play single-player in CS force (to train with before i am
getting online) or must a get CS condition zero?
/Krakel
15 answers Last reply
More about single player force

    On 23 Mar 2005 02:49:39 -0800, hnausta@hotmail.com (Krakel Spek)
    wrote:

    >Thinking of starting to play CS. Have not tested that or HL before. Is it
    >possible to play single-player in CS force (to train with before i am
    >getting online) or must a get CS condition zero?

    If you mean CS:Source, then it has good bot support built in so you
    can practice it offline.

    what is "... good bot .." ?

    "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> skrev i meddelandet
    > On 23 Mar 2005 02:49:39 -0800, hnausta@hotmail.com (Krakel Spek)
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Thinking of starting to play CS. Have not tested that or HL before. Is it
    >>possible to play single-player in CS force (to train with before i am
    >>getting online) or must a get CS condition zero?
    >
    > If you mean CS:Source, then it has good bot support built in so you
    > can practice it offline.

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:18:28 +0100, "krakel" <krakel@spektakel.csd>
    top posted:

    >what is "... good bot .." ?

    A bot is a computer controlled player. A good bot is one that acts
    reasonably intelligently and is fun to play with/against.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Just take the plunge my friend... find a server with a small player limit or
    a quiet server and just try your luck, it is fun and you occasionally find
    someone willing to watch your back and guide you whilst you improve your
    skills and learn the maps....

    "Krakel Spek" <hnausta@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thinking of starting to play CS. Have not tested that or HL before. Is it
    > possible to play single-player in CS force (to train with before i am
    > getting online) or must a get CS condition zero?
    > /Krakel
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Reaps" <rumppole@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:<2Nk0e.125177$y25.82073@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
    > Just take the plunge my friend... find a server with a small player limit or
    > a quiet server and just try your luck, it is fun and you occasionally find
    > someone willing to watch your back and guide you whilst you improve your
    > skills and learn the maps....

    First of all I wish to thank all for answers, it is not all times that
    a newbie get kind answers. So now I am willing to take my chances with
    some more quests; is there a great site where I can read how to begin
    from scratch? Suppose that somebody wants to download the game
    through, for instance DC++ (or oDC), then two major questions shows
    up; the biggest CS:source-files has an extension of .gcf , what is
    that? And a person could understand the so called STEAM play an
    important role in this matter, what is steam? Is steam inside
    "game-CD"?
    I do not want to embarrass myself before some training, that's why,
    all the single-player quests. /K
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:56:04 +0000, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:18:28 +0100, "krakel" <krakel@spektakel.csd>
    >top posted:
    >
    >>what is "... good bot .." ?
    >
    >A bot is a computer controlled player. A good bot is one that acts
    >reasonably intelligently and is fun to play with/against.

    Got any 'good bot' programs to recommend?

    thx,

    tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:03:30 -0500, The Real Tom <Tom @
    www.Love-Calculators.com> wrote:

    >Got any 'good bot' programs to recommend?

    As I said, bots are included with CS:Source.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:18:49 +0000, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:03:30 -0500, The Real Tom <Tom @
    >www.Love-Calculators.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Got any 'good bot' programs to recommend?
    >
    >As I said, bots are included with CS:Source.

    My bad, I read "good bot support" as meaning setup, and management,
    not the actual bots.

    thanks!

    Tom
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    > First of all I wish to thank all for answers, it is not all times that
    > a newbie get kind answers. So now I am willing to take my chances with
    > some more quests; is there a great site where I can read how to begin
    > from scratch?

    The best thing to do is just play, there is no better way to learn than to just
    do it. However play Half-Life 2 first to get used to how the engine handles and
    also read the included manual.

    > Suppose that somebody wants to download the game
    > through, for instance DC++ (or oDC), then two major questions shows
    > up; the biggest CS:source-files has an extension of .gcf , what is
    > that?

    You can't download it through anything like that unless you plan on stealing a
    copy of the game in which case you will get no further help from this newsgroup
    and if the universe has any justice in it you would get a nasty disease too.

    a gcf is a game content file and is an archive containing all the needed bits
    for a steam based game.

    >And a person could understand the so called STEAM play an
    > important role in this matter, what is steam? Is steam inside
    > "game-CD"?

    Steam is a software delivery platform, server browser, chat program and
    authentication system (see www.steampowered.com) it is required to run
    Counter-Strike Source along with all current games made by valve.

    If you buy Half-Life 2 on CD/DVD then steam will be installed along with the
    games.

    If you want to buy Half-Life 2 online and download it then you need to download
    and install steam first and sign up for an account. Do this at
    www.steampowered.com

    I would recommend buying the game online through steam rather than retail in a
    store

    > I do not want to embarrass myself before some training, that's why,
    > all the single-player quests

    Even the best players get humiliated in online play from time to time, don't
    worry, just have fun and don't listen to anyone who calls you a n00b.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "DustJunky" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<apqdneZR0MtFm97fRVnyhg@eclipse.net.uk>...
    > "Krakel Spek" <hnausta@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > First of all I wish to thank all for answers, it is not all times that
    > > a newbie get kind answers. So now I am willing to take my chances with
    > > some more quests; is there a great site where I can read how to begin
    > > from scratch?
    >
    > The best thing to do is just play, there is no better way to learn than to just
    > do it. However play Half-Life 2 first to get used to how the engine handles and
    > also read the included manual.
    >
    > > Suppose that somebody wants to download the game
    > > through, for instance DC++ (or oDC), then two major questions shows
    > > up; the biggest CS:source-files has an extension of .gcf , what is
    > > that?
    >
    > You can't download it through anything like that unless you plan on stealing a
    > copy of the game in which case you will get no further help from this newsgroup
    > and if the universe has any justice in it you would get a nasty disease too.
    >
    > a gcf is a game content file and is an archive containing all the needed bits
    > for a steam based game.
    >
    > >And a person could understand the so called STEAM play an
    > > important role in this matter, what is steam? Is steam inside
    > > "game-CD"?
    >
    > Steam is a software delivery platform, server browser, chat program and
    > authentication system (see www.steampowered.com) it is required to run
    > Counter-Strike Source along with all current games made by valve.
    >
    > If you buy Half-Life 2 on CD/DVD then steam will be installed along with the
    > games.
    >
    > If you want to buy Half-Life 2 online and download it then you need to download
    > and install steam first and sign up for an account. Do this at
    > www.steampowered.com
    >
    > I would recommend buying the game online through steam rather than retail in a
    > store
    >
    > > I do not want to embarrass myself before some training, that's why,
    > > all the single-player quests
    >
    > Even the best players get humiliated in online play from time to time, don't
    > worry, just have fun and don't listen to anyone who calls you a n00b.

    Why is it, that many people always reefers to Half-Life when talking
    about CS, is it the same or? I can understand that ‘n00b' could easily
    reefers to any newbie's…or? Finally; what does U all think about the
    upcoming "Day of Defeat"? (Personally I'll think it could be great,
    especially since I have been a fan of "Hidden&Dangerous").
    BR/K
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "DustJunky" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<apqdneZR0MtFm97fRVnyhg@eclipse.net.uk>...
    > "Krakel Spek" <hnausta@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > First of all I wish to thank all for answers, it is not all times that
    > > a newbie get kind answers. So now I am willing to take my chances with
    > > some more quests; is there a great site where I can read how to begin
    > > from scratch?
    >
    > The best thing to do is just play, there is no better way to learn than to just
    > do it. However play Half-Life 2 first to get used to how the engine handles and
    > also read the included manual.
    >
    > > Suppose that somebody wants to download the game
    > > through, for instance DC++ (or oDC), then two major questions shows
    > > up; the biggest CS:source-files has an extension of .gcf , what is
    > > that?
    >
    > You can't download it through anything like that unless you plan on stealing a
    > copy of the game in which case you will get no further help from this newsgroup
    > and if the universe has any justice in it you would get a nasty disease too.
    >
    > a gcf is a game content file and is an archive containing all the needed bits
    > for a steam based game.
    >
    > >And a person could understand the so called STEAM play an
    > > important role in this matter, what is steam? Is steam inside
    > > "game-CD"?
    >
    > Steam is a software delivery platform, server browser, chat program and
    > authentication system (see www.steampowered.com) it is required to run
    > Counter-Strike Source along with all current games made by valve.
    >
    > If you buy Half-Life 2 on CD/DVD then steam will be installed along with the
    > games.
    >
    > If you want to buy Half-Life 2 online and download it then you need to download
    > and install steam first and sign up for an account. Do this at
    > www.steampowered.com
    >
    > I would recommend buying the game online through steam rather than retail in a
    > store
    >
    > > I do not want to embarrass myself before some training, that's why,
    > > all the single-player quests
    >
    > Even the best players get humiliated in online play from time to time, don't
    > worry, just have fun and don't listen to anyone who calls you a n00b.

    Why is it, that many people always reefers to Half-Life when talking
    about CS, is it the same or? I can understand that ?n00b' could easily
    reefers to any newbie's?or? Finally; what does U all think about the
    upcoming "Day of Defeat"? (Personally I'll think it could be great,
    especially since I have been a fan of "Hidden&Dangerous").
    BR/K
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    > Why is it, that many people always reefers to Half-Life when talking
    > about CS, is it the same or?

    CS (the original one) is a mod for the original half-life and CS:Source is part
    half-life 2 even though they are separate games they belong together.

    > Finally; what does U all think about the
    > upcoming "Day of Defeat"? (Personally I'll think it could be great,

    The Original day of defeat for Half-life 1 is great and porting it over to the
    source engine should make it wonderful.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message news:<jp0341tt0nk2c19c54fb1al6pd5uklpfoh@4ax.com>...
    > On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:18:28 +0100, "krakel" <krakel@spektakel.csd>
    > top posted:
    >
    > >what is "... good bot .." ?
    >
    > A bot is a computer controlled player. A good bot is one that acts
    > reasonably intelligently and is fun to play with/against.

    And how do I do to start it? (some 'bot'-player) (is it some command
    in the console? or? I must say that I feel like an idiot to ask the
    obvious questions to u, but this game seems to be the game for me.
    I tried first to start one server and the game starts perpectly but I
    dont seems to have anyone to play against. And id I connect to a other
    already started server, I always get some answer like : "The server is
    using a newer protocol (7) than your client", so in the end I end up
    all alone.....
    And since I have already this window open; how can I find out what
    patches I need? Or must I first find out what version I have? If so,
    how do I do that?
    Or in very short:
    How can I do to find anyone to play against?
    /BR
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On 3 Apr 2005 13:23:33 -0700, hnausta@hotmail.com (Krakel Spek) wrote:

    >And how do I do to start it? (some 'bot'-player) (is it some command
    >in the console?

    Click Create Server, then tick the options about including CPU players
    (bots), and tell it include 9 bots.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Just look at the frag counts and follow the person on your team with the
    most frags. Obviously he's a die hard player and you can learn something by
    trailing him.

    Running around the map by your self = dumb = dead. CS is a team game and
    you'll need someone to cover your back as you do the same for others. If no
    one's got your back, you'll end up taking one from behind.

    "Reaps" <rumppole@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Just take the plunge my friend... find a server with a small player limit
    or
    > a quiet server and just try your luck, it is fun and you occasionally find
    > someone willing to watch your back and guide you whilst you improve your
    > skills and learn the maps....
    >

    > "Krakel Spek" <hnausta@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Thinking of starting to play CS. Have not tested that or HL before. Is
    it
    > > possible to play single-player in CS force (to train with before i am
    > > getting online) or must a get CS condition zero?
    > > /Krakel

Games Video Games