cd drive does not refresh when I put a differant cd in the..

I have to restart the computer to get windows to see a new cd in the drive

Hi,

Have you tried to refresh the CD Drive after ejecting the CD. This problem
can occur if you are using Folder view in Windows Explorer.
The view may not be automatically refreshed in Folder view in Windows
Explorer.

Solution 1:
==========
1. Open My Computer
2. Right click on the CD drive, and select "Eject".
This process lets windows know that you have ejected he system. Then
you should be able to insert another without any problems.

Solution 2:
==========
1. Open My Computer
2. Right click on the CD drive, and select "Properties".
3. Select "Autoplay" tab and select "Prompt me each time to choose an
action"
4. Click 'OK'

Solution 3:
=========
Please view the KB article titled "You Cannot View the Files on a Disc
After You Replace a CD-R or CD-RW Drive with a DVD or CD-ROM Drive"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q311455

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.