AC 97 Sound Driver

I have installed XP Pro, and no sound is supported in the CD.
I have a Compaq Presario S3630LA with an integrated Intel AC 97.
Please help me to find a driver or to enable the sound in my PC.

Thank You

Juan
2 answers Last reply
More about sound driver

    Sound is almost always supported on the CD-ROM - it may
    not be working but it is usually supported. I would
    suggest that you go to Compaq's web site and search for
    the AC97 sound driver for your particular motherboard (or
    computer model) for Windows XP. You could also check the
    Intel web site. Or you could look on the Compaq CD that
    came with the computer. I assume that the AC97 sound
    option is enabled in the motherboard BIOS. If it worked
    before, it should work again. Also it wouldn't hurt to
    check and see that the sound cable is connected from the
    CD-ROM drive to the motherboard correctly (particularly if
    you've opened the case), it's easily knocked loose. Good
    Luck !

    you may also want to go to 'start', 'settings', 'control
    panel', 'system', 'hardware', 'device manager' and
    expand 'sound, video and game controllers' to make sure
    there are no red/yellow "X"s on the sound driver. update
    if it is from the site for AC '97 - XP

Sound Driver Windows XP