k8v-se deluxe

I'm planning on buying the asus K8V-SE deluxe MB.
In the manual I've downloaded it says it has 4 memory sockets.
But the picture in the manual and web show 3.
So is it 3 or 4 memory slots?

Jim M

"JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> writes:
> I'm planning on buying the asus K8V-SE deluxe MB.
> In the manual I've downloaded it says it has 4 memory sockets.
> But the picture in the manual and web show 3.
> So is it 3 or 4 memory slots?

It has 3 slots, but you should only use 2 of them if you have
double-sided dimms and you want to run the memory at 400Mhz. They
have a table on the hardcopy manual that shows which slots you should
fill if you are running it at 400Mhz.

If you really want 4 slots you need socket 939 or 940, but the price
on those is pretty ridiculous.

-wolfgang
New toy: Voice over ip phone. Sounds much better than an analog phone.
http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/voip.html

"Wolfgang S. Rupprecht"
<wolfgang+gnus20040614T214258@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com> wrote in
message news:x7k6y9l998.fsf@bonnet.wsrcc.com...

> "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> writes:
> > I'm planning on buying the asus K8V-SE deluxe MB.
> > In the manual I've downloaded it says it has 4 memory sockets.
> > But the picture in the manual and web show 3.
> > So is it 3 or 4 memory slots?
>
> It has 3 slots, but you should only use 2 of them if you have
> double-sided dimms and you want to run the memory at 400Mhz. They
> have a table on the hardcopy manual that shows which slots you should
> fill if you are running it at 400Mhz.
>
> If you really want 4 slots you need socket 939 or 940, but the price
> on those is pretty ridiculous.
>
> -wolfgang
> --
> Wolfgang S. Rupprecht http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
> New toy: Voice over ip phone. Sounds much better than an analog phone.
> http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/voip.html

Thanks, I thought 3 was correct just wanted to be sure.

Jim M