  • Hardware
  • DVD
  • Windows XP
May 18, 2004 3:16:03 AM

I have a Digital Research Tech. 4x DVD + RW / + R DVD Player
Windows thinks it is SCSI. When I add the hardware it installs the Generic DVD RW 4 X Max SCSI cd Device.
If I unistall it and detect new hardware it comes back. According to the Digital Research Tech the
Windows XP Drivers should work. But that is really not the case.

More about : windows dvd drivers

May 18, 2004 10:42:47 AM

the question is what do you want to do with it. I have the same thing and I
use Nero 5.5.10.56 to make backups of all my data.
it should have come with a burning software, mine did and pinnacle 8se. It
will burn dvd movies but that is another story
"some guy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Digital Research Tech. 4x DVD + RW / + R DVD Player
> Windows thinks it is SCSI. When I add the hardware it installs the Generic
DVD RW 4 X Max SCSI cd Device.
> If I unistall it and detect new hardware it comes back. According to the
Digital Research Tech the
> Windows XP Drivers should work. But that is really not the case.

May 18, 2004 10:43:29 AM

mine also shows up as a generic dvd but it works fine
"some guy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Digital Research Tech. 4x DVD + RW / + R DVD Player
> Windows thinks it is SCSI. When I add the hardware it installs the Generic
DVD RW 4 X Max SCSI cd Device.
> If I unistall it and detect new hardware it comes back. According to the
Digital Research Tech the
> Windows XP Drivers should work. But that is really not the case.

May 18, 2004 6:02:39 PM

"some guy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Digital Research Tech. 4x DVD + RW / + R DVD Player
> Windows thinks it is SCSI. When I add the hardware it installs the Generic
DVD RW 4 X Max SCSI cd Device.
> If I unistall it and detect new hardware it comes back. According to the
Digital Research Tech the
> Windows XP Drivers should work. But that is really not the case.

What kind of controler is it running off of? If it's anything other then a
standard eide, includes on board raid or sata ones, then Windows most
likely sees it as a scsi controler. If your using such a card then find the
correct drivers for it.

JoBo
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 10:11:32 PM

I have a Dual DVD CD RW Drive and mine also shows up a Generic SCSI. Mine
also came with Pinnacle Software but it was version 7. I called the Company
and they upgraded to Pinnacle 8 and so far it seems to be working although I
have not tested all the program options yet.

Is there an update for ASPI layer drivers somewhere that can be loaded on
Windows XP professional. I read somewhere that there is an update on the
Nero site, but I am not using the Nero software so I wasn't sure if it would
be OK to load it or not.
"some guy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Digital Research Tech. 4x DVD + RW / + R DVD Player
> Windows thinks it is SCSI. When I add the hardware it installs the Generic
DVD RW 4 X Max SCSI cd Device.
> If I unistall it and detect new hardware it comes back. According to the
Digital Research Tech the
> Windows XP Drivers should work. But that is really not the case.

May 19, 2004 5:25:33 AM

using xp pro and have loaded no updates, the drive as I said works fine
right out of the box.
you can use nero 6 but I use the last version of 5.5 as I had a retail
version and my key code works with it
"Lori Kuiper" <Lori_478@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Dual DVD CD RW Drive and mine also shows up a Generic SCSI. Mine
> also came with Pinnacle Software but it was version 7. I called the
Company
> and they upgraded to Pinnacle 8 and so far it seems to be working although
> have not tested all the program options yet.
>
> Is there an update for ASPI layer drivers somewhere that can be loaded on
> Windows XP professional. I read somewhere that there is an update on the
> Nero site, but I am not using the Nero software so I wasn't sure if it
would
> be OK to load it or not.
> "some guy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a Digital Research Tech. 4x DVD + RW / + R DVD Player
> > Windows thinks it is SCSI. When I add the hardware it installs the
Generic
> DVD RW 4 X Max SCSI cd Device.
> > If I unistall it and detect new hardware it comes back. According to
the
> Digital Research Tech the
> > Windows XP Drivers should work. But that is really not the case.

Anonymous
May 19, 2004 10:48:59 AM

Thanks for the Info!

!