2 independent widow version how ?

mafox

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Hello,
I have windows 8 32 bit. I want to put windows 8 64 bit on a fresh drive. How do I do this.
The two replies I received did not answer the question of two OS's on separate drives both active in the computer. I know how to put another OS on a blank drive making it the C drive but I want to be able to select the drives at start up. I know this is possible but I need to know how.
Thanks

Did you purchase a FULL version which includes BOTH the 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows?

Or did you purchase an OEM, or UPGRADE version?

Either way, as mentioned above, you have to REINSTALL Windows 8 64-bit from scratch:

1. Get the 64-bit disc (buy if you don't own)

2. Boot to the disc and start the Installation

3. Follow the steps.

*If you have more than on drive, I strongly advise you to unhook all the drives EXCEPT the drive you are installing to.

(It sounds to me like you discovered the MEMORY limitations for 32-bit Windows and now need Windows 8 64-bit.

FYI, my dad has an older 2GB laptop with a 512MB video card. Since it had Vista 32-bit he HAD to upgrade to 32-bit Windows 8 as there's no 32-bit to 64-bit upgrade path.

There's NO ADVANTAGE to getting a 64-bit version of Windows 8 if you only have 2GB of RAM plus a 512MB video card. Any MORE memory though and 64-bit is an advantage).

mafox

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Yes I understand how to put the 64bit version on a fresh drive, after unhooking the current c drive. But if I want to use both the 32 and 64bit versions, how do I switch between the two drives without physically swapping them? Thanks in advance.