David

Can anyone suggest a good colour printer for producing decent quality
artwork/digital photo images on CD/DVD labels. I am looking for a printer
that can handle printing batches of about 500 at a time. What is the best
technology for this purpose, can laser printers deal with cd labels or do
they come undone with rollers/heat, etc?
Thanks for any answers.

<< What is the best
technology for this purpose, can laser printers deal with cd labels or do
they come undone with rollers/heat, etc? >>

David-

The word is that lables sometimes come off of the CD inside your drive. If you
are going for quantity, there may be a better way.

One local computer store offers a service where they print directly onto the
surface of the CD. I don't know what kind of printer they use, but perhaps
someone here will enlighten us.

Fred

David
>cd labels

What is the best technology for this purpose, can laser printers deal with cd
labels or do they come undone with rollers/heat, etc?

I just did a run of 1300 lables for a group. We used laserjet compatable labels
from an Ebay vendor. The local AlphaGraphic place did the printing using Xerox
Color Laser jet printers. Great results. I thought costly at 40 cents a label
but it was quality work. They did the inserts also. Again great work.
I have done shorter runs using our Epson 2200 but the ink costs can be high and
it is slow. The laserjets do 32 labels a minute. The 2200 takes about 5 minutes
per label.
Bob AZ

RWatson767 wrote:

> David
>
>>cd labels
>

> What is the best technology for this purpose, can laser printers deal with cd
> labels or do they come undone with rollers/heat, etc?
>
> I just did a run of 1300 lables for a group. We used laserjet compatable labels
> from an Ebay vendor. The local AlphaGraphic place did the printing using Xerox
> Color Laser jet printers. Great results. I thought costly at 40 cents a label
> but it was quality work. They did the inserts also. Again great work.
> I have done shorter runs using our Epson 2200 but the ink costs can be high and
> it is slow. The laserjets do 32 labels a minute. The 2200 takes about 5 minutes
> per label.
> Bob AZ

And I was looking at the xerox site tonight and they do not appear to
recommend their solid ink printers for CD labels ... something to do
with the in reacting with the CDs over time. I hope you got them
printed from a Xerox laser.

Regards
Charles

--