cd labels

Can anyone suggest a good colour printer for producing decent quality
artwork/digital photo images on CD/DVD labels. I am looking for a printer
that can handle printing batches of about 500 at a time. What is the best
technology for this purpose, can laser printers deal with cd labels or do
they come undone with rollers/heat, etc?
Thanks for any answers.
3 answers Last reply
More about labels

    << What is the best
    technology for this purpose, can laser printers deal with cd labels or do
    they come undone with rollers/heat, etc? >>

    David-

    The word is that lables sometimes come off of the CD inside your drive. If you
    are going for quantity, there may be a better way.

    One local computer store offers a service where they print directly onto the
    surface of the CD. I don't know what kind of printer they use, but perhaps
    someone here will enlighten us.

    Fred

    David
    >cd labels

    What is the best technology for this purpose, can laser printers deal with cd
    labels or do they come undone with rollers/heat, etc?

    I just did a run of 1300 lables for a group. We used laserjet compatable labels
    from an Ebay vendor. The local AlphaGraphic place did the printing using Xerox
    Color Laser jet printers. Great results. I thought costly at 40 cents a label
    but it was quality work. They did the inserts also. Again great work.
    I have done shorter runs using our Epson 2200 but the ink costs can be high and
    it is slow. The laserjets do 32 labels a minute. The 2200 takes about 5 minutes
    per label.
    Bob AZ

    RWatson767 wrote:

    > David
    >
    >>cd labels
    >

    > What is the best technology for this purpose, can laser printers deal with cd
    > labels or do they come undone with rollers/heat, etc?
    >
    > I just did a run of 1300 lables for a group. We used laserjet compatable labels
    > from an Ebay vendor. The local AlphaGraphic place did the printing using Xerox
    > Color Laser jet printers. Great results. I thought costly at 40 cents a label
    > but it was quality work. They did the inserts also. Again great work.
    > I have done shorter runs using our Epson 2200 but the ink costs can be high and
    > it is slow. The laserjets do 32 labels a minute. The 2200 takes about 5 minutes
    > per label.
    > Bob AZ

    And I was looking at the xerox site tonight and they do not appear to
    recommend their solid ink printers for CD labels ... something to do
    with the in reacting with the CDs over time. I hope you got them
    printed from a Xerox laser.

    Regards
    Charles

    --