A7N8X Deluxe Bios Problems

Hi

I recently noticed a strange problem with my Asus A7NX8 Deluxe ; When I try
to enter the bios after cold booting the pc - meaning after it has been not
in use some hours - I only see a blinking cursor in the upper left corner of
the screen - nothing else happens. If I restart after this I can enter the
bios, even if I completely switch off the power and start again. Besides
this my pc is running fine. Has anybody else experienced this problem and
has found a solution how to fix this ?

Yours
Stefan
4 answers Last reply
More about a7n8x deluxe bios problems

    I have experienced the same problem, but it somehow fixed itself.

    Most likely after repair-update of WinXP.

    "Stefan Malte Schumacher" <s.schumacher@netcologne.de> a écrit dans le
    message de news:hoi4q1-p11.ln1@drachenhorst.fantasy.net...

    > Hi
    >
    > I recently noticed a strange problem with my Asus A7NX8 Deluxe ; When I
    try
    > to enter the bios after cold booting the pc - meaning after it has been
    not
    > in use some hours - I only see a blinking cursor in the upper left corner
    of
    > the screen - nothing else happens. If I restart after this I can enter the
    > bios, even if I completely switch off the power and start again. Besides
    > this my pc is running fine. Has anybody else experienced this problem and
    > has found a solution how to fix this ?
    >

    > Yours
    > Stefan

    No way..............
    windows XP has nothing to do with it.......
    even if you did not have windows installed then you would still be able to
    go into the bios.
    The Bios is stored on chip so does not need windows to get to it.
    If it stops letting you in then it's nothing to do with windows.
    I've worked on/seen pc's where one day you can get into the bios, another
    time you could not and they never had windows installed.

    Bitstring <tfSzc.15698$NK4.2569957@stones.force9.net>, from the
    wonderful person Nero <nero@rome.it> said
    >No way..............
    >windows XP has nothing to do with it.......
    >even if you did not have windows installed then you would still be able to
    >go into the bios.
    >The Bios is stored on chip so does not need windows to get to it.
    >If it stops letting you in then it's nothing to do with windows.
    >I've worked on/seen pc's where one day you can get into the bios, another
    >time you could not and they never had windows installed.

    Indeed. The most likely cause for this is some heat/cold related
    problem, either with the motherboard, or with the PSU. Try re-seating
    everything for a start. Sadly it's much harder to find a 'happens when
    cold' problems than a 'happens when hot' one, because not everyone has
    freezer-sprays, whereas most folks can scare up a hairdryer.

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can

    Can you use canned air/air dusters to do that? It comes out pretty cold.

    Dirk

    "GSV Three Minds in a Can" <GSV@quik.clara.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Bitstring <tfSzc.15698$NK4.2569957@stones.force9.net>, from the
    > wonderful person Nero <nero@rome.it> said
    > >No way..............
    > >windows XP has nothing to do with it.......
    > >even if you did not have windows installed then you would still be able
    > >go into the bios.
    > >The Bios is stored on chip so does not need windows to get to it.
    > >If it stops letting you in then it's nothing to do with windows.
    > >I've worked on/seen pc's where one day you can get into the bios, another
    > >time you could not and they never had windows installed.
    >
    > Indeed. The most likely cause for this is some heat/cold related
    > problem, either with the motherboard, or with the PSU. Try re-seating
    > everything for a start. Sadly it's much harder to find a 'happens when
    > cold' problems than a 'happens when hot' one, because not everyone has
    > freezer-sprays, whereas most folks can scare up a hairdryer.
    >
    > --
    > GSV Three Minds in a Can
    > Outgoing Msgs are Turing Tested,and indistinguishable from human typing.

Asus BIOS Motherboards