I am, using my new Epson R200.

Mike Skuczas
"JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
news:jpFgc.416$fv2.77@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...
> Anyone printing on dvd's or cd's?
>
> --
> Email no good, reply to group

Je

Does it do a pretty good job? Is it pretty easy to use?

Thanks,
Jack

"Michael Skuczas" <mskuczas@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I am, using my new Epson R200.
>
> Mike Skuczas
> "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone printing on dvd's or cd's?
> >
> > --
> > Email no good, reply to group

Yes and Yes. Did a test CD with default settings us an pic from Hubble and
small amount of text. Came out just like it showed on the monitor. It was a
little tricky with setting to CD tray in position. They should have mark the
arrows on the printer white as well as the ones on the tray. Software for
doing this is pretty decent, also this print out really gooding looking
photo prints.

> Does it do a pretty good job? Is it pretty easy to use?
>
> Thanks,
> Jack
>

> "Michael Skuczas" <mskuczas@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I am, using my new Epson R200.
> >
> > Mike Skuczas
> > "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
> > > Anyone printing on dvd's or cd's?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Email no good, reply to group

Je

Thanks!

> Yes and Yes. Did a test CD with default settings us an pic from Hubble
and
> small amount of text. Came out just like it showed on the monitor. It was
> little tricky with setting to CD tray in position. They should have mark
the
> arrows on the printer white as well as the ones on the tray. Software for
> doing this is pretty decent, also this print out really gooding looking
> photo prints.
>
> Mike Skuczas
> "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
> > Does it do a pretty good job? Is it pretty easy to use?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jack
> >

> > "Michael Skuczas" <mskuczas@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > I am, using my new Epson R200.
> > >
> > > Mike Skuczas
> > > "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message

ME

Michael Skuczas wrote:

> Yes and Yes. Did a test CD with default settings us an pic from Hubble and
> small amount of text. Came out just like it showed on the monitor. It was a
> little tricky with setting to CD tray in position. They should have mark the
> arrows on the printer white as well as the ones on the tray. Software for
> doing this is pretty decent, also this print out really gooding looking
> photo prints.

I kept finger pressure on the tray each time because it was jumping back
out from the set position hence it didn't pull the tray through.

Other than that now printed off 162 and still on the same cartridges so
its very economical printing CD's

Had to increase the density by 2 stops for the particular CD's that I
bought.

Mike Skuczas
> "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
>
>>Does it do a pretty good job? Is it pretty easy to use?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Jack
>>

>>"Michael Skuczas" <mskuczas@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>I am, using my new Epson R200.
>>>
>>> Mike Skuczas
>>>"JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message

Je

Does it require a special software for the printing or can you use whatever
printing software for dvd/cd's you now have?

Jack

"me" <me@me.me> wrote in message

> Michael Skuczas wrote:
>
> > Yes and Yes. Did a test CD with default settings us an pic from Hubble
and
> > small amount of text. Came out just like it showed on the monitor. It
was a
> > little tricky with setting to CD tray in position. They should have mark
the
> > arrows on the printer white as well as the ones on the tray. Software
for
> > doing this is pretty decent, also this print out really gooding looking
> > photo prints.
> >

> I kept finger pressure on the tray each time because it was jumping back
> out from the set position hence it didn't pull the tray through.
>
> Other than that now printed off 162 and still on the same cartridges so
> its very economical printing CD's
>
> Had to increase the density by 2 stops for the particular CD's that I
> bought.
>

> Mike Skuczas
> > "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Does it do a pretty good job? Is it pretty easy to use?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Jack
> >>

> >>"Michael Skuczas" <mskuczas@comcast.net> wrote in message

joel

"JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote:

> Does it require a special software for the printing or can you use whatever
> printing software for dvd/cd's you now have?
>
> Jack

The answer is YES and NO. There are specific softwares with specific
TEMPLATE to print to specific area.

So YES, you will need to use the program with the correct TEMPLATE so it
will print on the CD surface.

NO, you don't need any special program *if* you can setup your word
processor, graphic program etc. to print on CD instead of outside of the CD.

And the printer should come with software you need, or you can use third
party CD Labeler program with TEMPLATE for your printer, or you can create
your own template for your word processor, graphic program, graphic viewer
etc.. whatever you feel like.

> "me" <me@me.me> wrote in message
> >

> > Michael Skuczas wrote:
> >
> > > Yes and Yes. Did a test CD with default settings us an pic from Hubble
> and
> > > small amount of text. Came out just like it showed on the monitor. It
> was a
> > > little tricky with setting to CD tray in position. They should have mark
> the
> > > arrows on the printer white as well as the ones on the tray. Software
> for
> > > doing this is pretty decent, also this print out really gooding looking
> > > photo prints.
> > >

> > I kept finger pressure on the tray each time because it was jumping back
> > out from the set position hence it didn't pull the tray through.
> >
> > Other than that now printed off 162 and still on the same cartridges so
> > its very economical printing CD's
> >
> > Had to increase the density by 2 stops for the particular CD's that I
> > bought.
> >

> > Mike Skuczas
> > > "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message

Je

Thanks!!

"Joel" <Joel@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
"JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote:

> Does it require a special software for the printing or can you use
whatever
> printing software for dvd/cd's you now have?
>
> Jack

The answer is YES and NO. There are specific softwares with specific
TEMPLATE to print to specific area.

So YES, you will need to use the program with the correct TEMPLATE so it
will print on the CD surface.

NO, you don't need any special program *if* you can setup your word
processor, graphic program etc. to print on CD instead of outside of the CD.

And the printer should come with software you need, or you can use third
party CD Labeler program with TEMPLATE for your printer, or you can create
your own template for your word processor, graphic program, graphic viewer
etc.. whatever you feel like.

> "me" <me@me.me> wrote in message
> >

> > Michael Skuczas wrote:
> >
> > > Yes and Yes. Did a test CD with default settings us an pic from Hubble
> and
> > > small amount of text. Came out just like it showed on the monitor. It
> was a
> > > little tricky with setting to CD tray in position. They should have
mark
> the
> > > arrows on the printer white as well as the ones on the tray. Software
> for
> > > doing this is pretty decent, also this print out really gooding
looking
> > > photo prints.
> > >

> > I kept finger pressure on the tray each time because it was jumping back
> > out from the set position hence it didn't pull the tray through.
> >
> > Other than that now printed off 162 and still on the same cartridges so
> > its very economical printing CD's
> >
> > Had to increase the density by 2 stops for the particular CD's that I
> > bought.
> >

> > Mike
Skuczas
> > > "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote in message

ME

But the one that is supplied is set up already, and for me, printed in
the correct place without further adjustments.

Others that I have used for sticky labels get away with alignment errors
as they bleed off the edges and centre whereas the supplied programme
does not print in the centre or edges (leaves a white edge) - very neat.

It is all that you want to do CD's

You will waste heaps of CD's if you have to start aligning the template
from other programmes.

rm

Joel wrote:

> "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote:
>

>>Does it require a special software for the printing or can you use whatever
>>printing software for dvd/cd's you now have?
>>
>>Jack
>

> The answer is YES and NO. There are specific softwares with specific
> TEMPLATE to print to specific area.
>
> So YES, you will need to use the program with the correct TEMPLATE so it
> will print on the CD surface.
>
> NO, you don't need any special program *if* you can setup your word
> processor, graphic program etc. to print on CD instead of outside of the CD.
>
> And the printer should come with software you need, or you can use third
> party CD Labeler program with TEMPLATE for your printer, or you can create
> your own template for your word processor, graphic program, graphic viewer
> etc.. whatever you feel like.
>

>>"me" <me@me.me> wrote in message

>>and

>>was a

>>the

>>for

>>>I kept finger pressure on the tray each time because it was jumping back
>>>out from the set position hence it didn't pull the tray through.
>>>
>>>Other than that now printed off 162 and still on the same cartridges so
>>>its very economical printing CD's
>>>
>>>Had to increase the density by 2 stops for the particular CD's that I
>>>bought.
>>>

>>> Mike Skuczas

I'll second that. I think you play with the included software (on screen of
course) first before trying other solutions. Where as I have only started
using my R200, the software for printing on CD/DVDs seems to have a bit of
flexibilty. So far I haven't had to change any of the stock settings.

Mike
Skuczas
"me" <me@me.me> wrote in message
> But the one that is supplied is set up already, and for me, printed in
> the correct place without further adjustments.
>
> Others that I have used for sticky labels get away with alignment errors
> as they bleed off the edges and centre whereas the supplied programme
> does not print in the centre or edges (leaves a white edge) - very neat.
>
> It is all that you want to do CD's
>
> You will waste heaps of CD's if you have to start aligning the template
> from other programmes.
>
> rm
>
> Joel wrote:
>
> > "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Does it require a special software for the printing or can you use
whatever
> >>printing software for dvd/cd's you now have?
> >>
> >>Jack
> >

> > The answer is YES and NO. There are specific softwares with specific
> > TEMPLATE to print to specific area.
> >
> > So YES, you will need to use the program with the correct TEMPLATE so it
> > will print on the CD surface.
> >
> > NO, you don't need any special program *if* you can setup your word
> > processor, graphic program etc. to print on CD instead of outside of the
CD.

> > And the printer should come with software you need, or you can use third
> > party CD Labeler program with TEMPLATE for your printer, or you can
create
> > your own template for your word processor, graphic program, graphic
viewer
> > etc.. whatever you feel like.
> >

> >>"me" <me@me.me> wrote in message

> >>and

> >>was a

> >>the

> >>for

Skuczas

joel

me <me@me.me> wrote:

> But the one that is supplied is set up already, and for me, printed in
> the correct place without further adjustments.
>
> Others that I have used for sticky labels get away with alignment errors
> as they bleed off the edges and centre whereas the supplied programme
> does not print in the centre or edges (leaves a white edge) - very neat.
>
> It is all that you want to do CD's
>
> You will waste heaps of CD's if you have to start aligning the template
> from other programmes.
>
> rm

That is exactly what I said, most if not all printers should come with
software and template for specific printer. Or you can use third party
program for different taste, and I have Epson Photo 900 but I use SureThing
instead of the software came with Epson 900.

> Joel wrote:
>
> > "JE" <Zeke@legs.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Does it require a special software for the printing or can you use whatever
> >>printing software for dvd/cd's you now have?
> >>
> >>Jack
> >

> > The answer is YES and NO. There are specific softwares with specific
> > TEMPLATE to print to specific area.
> >
> > So YES, you will need to use the program with the correct TEMPLATE so it
> > will print on the CD surface.
> >
> > NO, you don't need any special program *if* you can setup your word
> > processor, graphic program etc. to print on CD instead of outside of the CD.
> >
> > And the printer should come with software you need, or you can use third
> > party CD Labeler program with TEMPLATE for your printer, or you can create
> > your own template for your word processor, graphic program, graphic viewer
> > etc.. whatever you feel like.
> >

> >>"me" <me@me.me> wrote in message

> >>and

> >>was a

> >>the

> >>for

joel

"Michael Skuczas" <mskuczas@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'll second that. I think you play with the included software (on screen of
> course) first before trying other solutions. Where as I have only started
> using my R200, the software for printing on CD/DVDs seems to have a bit of
> flexibilty. So far I haven't had to change any of the stock settings.
>
> Mike

I can't second it <g> cuz I print graphic and the label software came with
my Epson 900 doesn't have option to keep the photo in ratio (when I
increase/decrease the size) and doesn't have some other small but not less
important so I tried different labelers to find the one suites me the best.
And I end up with the same old SureThing I have used long before I bought
the Epson 900.