Sign in with
Your question

Want to go back to xp

Last response: in Windows 7
January 16, 2011 8:03:55 PM

i had xp on my computer and a friend upgraded it to 7 and i want to know how to get rid of it. i have an older computer and play world of warcraft which ran fan with xp, now the only problem im getting with wins 7 is on wow im getting 3 fps and cant even play. i just want to know if i can put xp back on here somehow until i can get a new computer

More about : back

a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2011 8:20:17 PM

You can re-install WinXP.
m
l
January 16, 2011 8:25:02 PM

it keeps saying i have a better version and i dont know much about computers so im not sure how to get around it
m
l
Related resources
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2011 8:30:12 PM

Yes, but it should let you proceed with installing WinXP.

You may need to do an New Installation Advanced mode install and format HDD before you start the actual install.

m
l
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2011 8:35:04 PM

You might want to think about setting up a dual boot option. That would let you keep your Win7 install and give you a choice at bootup time which OS you'd like to run.

Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP
Look for METHOD TWO: When Windows 7 is Installed First
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2011 9:36:28 PM

Which version of Win7 do you have? some versions are able to provide a virtual WinXP machine for any programs that are incompatible with 7.

Google it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2011 10:29:23 PM

Probably all you need is updated graphics drivers.
m
l
January 20, 2011 12:47:18 AM

fixed this after i thought i broke my computer and my brother put linux on here, put still cant play wow, so now i need help with that
m
l
January 20, 2011 6:22:46 AM

i cant find my xp disks, so a friend gave me some that obviously dont work correctly. im going to leave linux on here since im getting a new laptop within a month and my boyfriend will be using this computer which works fun for just doing like facebook games and the other stuff he does and i dont want to risk something going wrong again. the main problem im having now is trying to get linux and wine to make it so i can play world of warcraft in the meantime. i dont know much about what im doing on here, so i dont understand some of the stuff thats said in the instructions that i found. if anyone can tell me an easy way to get my game on here, or a place i can go that has easy and updated instructions (since wow switched the way it downloads off their site), it would be greatly appreciated since ive been looking for hours today.
m
l
!