Canoscan Lide 30 scanner

I have a Canon Lide 30 scanner attached to computer by USB the scanner is recognised in Device manager and Control Panel however no applications will recognise the Twain driver including the tool box which came with the scanner. The only other USB device I have connected to the computer is a modem. Any ideas I have installed and removed the drivers several times to no avail

Thanks

Jy
3 answers Last reply
More about canoscan lide scanner

    ...... but did you disconnect the scanner each time that you reloaded the
    programs and drivers?..

    "JY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Canon Lide 30 scanner attached to computer by USB the scanner is
    recognised in Device manager and Control Panel however no applications will
    recognise the Twain driver including the tool box which came with the
    scanner. The only other USB device I have connected to the computer is a
    modem. Any ideas I have installed and removed the drivers several times to
    no avail

    > Thanks
    >
    > Jy

    Yes I disconnected it each time

    JY

    ----- Mike wrote: -----

    ...... but did you disconnect the scanner each time that you reloaded the
    programs and drivers?..

    "JY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Canon Lide 30 scanner attached to computer by USB the scanner is
    recognised in Device manager and Control Panel however no applications will
    recognise the Twain driver including the tool box which came with the
    scanner. The only other USB device I have connected to the computer is a
    modem. Any ideas I have installed and removed the drivers several times to
    no avail
    >> Thanks
    >> Jy

    ... and did you ensure that all software was deleted before each install?..

    > Yes I disconnected it each time
    >
    > JY
    >
    > ----- Mike wrote: -----
    >
    > ...... but did you disconnect the scanner each time that you reloaded
    the
    > programs and drivers?..
    >

    > "JY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have a Canon Lide 30 scanner attached to computer by USB the
    scanner is
    > recognised in Device manager and Control Panel however no
    applications will
    > recognise the Twain driver including the tool box which came with the
    > scanner. The only other USB device I have connected to the computer
    is a
    > modem. Any ideas I have installed and removed the drivers several
    times to
    > no avail
    > >> Thanks
    > >> Jy