removing a partition from a dynamic disk and then converti..

I have a dynamic disk (HDD) with a partition. I would like to how to remove the partition, and convert the (HDD) back to a primary drive,so i can reformat into NTSF. I have tried to boot from the XP disk, but I dont get the option to select that drive to format. I have also tried to use partition manager software, but all the options I need are not accessable..
Any clues!! anyone, someone..

The only way to go from a dynamic disk back to a basic disk is
to delete all the partitions on the dynamic disk, create new partitions,
then format the new partitions.

Clean Install Windows XP

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"billyjugs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| I have a dynamic disk (HDD) with a partition. I would like to how to remove the partition, and convert the
(HDD) back to a primary drive,so i can reformat into NTSF. I have tried to boot from the XP disk, but I dont
get the option to select that drive to format. I have also tried to use partition manager software, but all
the options I need are not accessable..
| Any clues!! anyone, someone..

TRENDING THREADS