Need Help Installing S820 0n Win XP

Would appreciate any help trying to get my XP drivers from the Canon
site for an S820 to install.

When I follow their instructions and double click the downloaded driver
file it either sends me to the canon Install/uninstall site or gives me
this box(error initializing log file C:\windows\S820_2KXP_v161.setup
log.text).

I have taken the original drivers off as they directed and I'm at my
ropes end,help.
Joe Law

It's worked fine for me in several instances. Seems like you may have an
incompleted or aborted install from a prior installation. Try uninstalling,
deleteting the file that is having a problem initializing.... beyond that
I'm stumped.