alternative web browser to PIE?

June 11, 2004 2:21:42 PM

Hi all,

I'm after an alternative web browser to Pocket IE... something a bit
smarter when it comes to fitting pages on screen etc...

I'm trialling netfront, and thunderhawk... and others I can look at? I'm
surprised that I've not been able to find any freeware ones... like
Mozilla, Opera etc...

sTu.
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 2:21:43 PM

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:21:42 +1000, Stuart Summerville
<stus@deimus.com.au> wrote:

>I'm trialling netfront, and thunderhawk...

It seems you've covered them with this. There is a Mozilla project
called Minimo that's targeted at handhelds, but the first release
(http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo/releases/arm/0.1...) was for
Linux only.

--
Marlof Bregonje
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

"Stuart Summerville" <stus@deimus.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm after an alternative web browser to Pocket IE... something a bit
> smarter when it comes to fitting pages on screen etc...

This one is free and has i.a support for multible windows, full screen,
button mapping:

http://park15.wakwak.com/~ftx/index_e.html
--
Kristian
Anonymous

"news.microsoft.com" <skjelnes.no-spamming@bigfoot.com.no.spam> wrote in
message news:o wJiGd6TEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> "Stuart Summerville" <stus@deimus.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm after an alternative web browser to Pocket IE... something a bit
> > smarter when it comes to fitting pages on screen etc...
> >

> This one is free and has i.a support for multible windows, full screen,
> button mapping:
>
> http://park15.wakwak.com/~ftx/index_e.html
> --
> Kristian

And it's based on PIE. But if you need a better javascript support, need
java support, plugin management, full screen, tab interface and other
features check Netfront 3.1:

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):