Lost In Wireless?

We have something called an internet mall downtown, where anyone can connect
to the internet. Sounds simple. But I can't figure out how? Can anyone help
me. I'm running windows xp home edition, and the computer is by compaq if
that makes a difference.
2 answers Last reply
More about lost wireless

    First, does your computer have wireless capabilities? If so, nad the
    network is open, your computer should see the network and you should simply
    connect and be about your business. Most "hotspots" are not open; they
    require an account with a provider, such as T-mobile Hot Spot. If this is
    the case, then your computer would see the network but would not be able to
    connect. The provider you sign up with will provide connection management
    software that will pop up and ask for your User ID and password, and then it
    will allow you to use the hot spot network.

    Bobby

    thumperie68 wrote:

    > We have something called an internet mall downtown, where anyone can
    > connect to the internet. Sounds simple. But I can't figure out how?
    > Can anyone help me. I'm running windows xp home edition, and the
    > computer is by compaq if that makes a difference.

    It sounds great, but surely there is someone there who can give you
    information how to connect. My guess is that you would set your
    wireless SSID to "any" and there would be no encryption, but that is
    just a guess. What wireless card do you have in the laptop? Do any
    wireless networks show as available?

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell