SM Controller

I completed a reformat and a fresh reinstall of WindowsXP with no changes to
the hardware. I reinstalled all applications as before with no Changes.
Now Device Manager is showing the Yellow? under Other Devices [failed
installation of an SM controller].
Please assist me in understanding what the SM controller is and how to
proceed with a possible fix.

Visit the support website of the manufacturer of your computer
or motherboard and download the appropriate chipset driver.

If you have an Intel processor and chipset:

Install the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Product_Filter.asp?ProductID=816

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"D137" <don.powers@comcast.net> wrote in message:

| I completed a reformat and a fresh reinstall of WindowsXP with no changes to
| the hardware. I reinstalled all applications as before with no Changes.
| Now Device Manager is showing the Yellow? under Other Devices [failed
| installation of an SM controller].
| Please assist me in understanding what the SM controller is and how to
| proceed with a possible fix.

TRENDING THREADS