Problem with AMD XP 2800+

I have a problem with my PC.
I have:
Processor AMD AthlonXP 2800+
Motherboard ASUS A7V600-X (VIA KT600), ACPI BIOS Revision 1002 (release date
11/12/2003).
CPU FAN: ARCTIC COOLING COOPER SILENT 2
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1
PC after about 15 minutes shows a blue screen with the following message:
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
then PC resets automatically and Windows on the next start says that there
was a "serious error". The problem occurs about every 15 minutes.

What is the problem?

Excuse me for my bad English, but I'm not English.
2 answers Last reply
More about problem 2800

    In article <aRyAc.3731$GQ3.88030@twister2.libero.it>, "Godfather"
    <godfather@godfather.it> wrote:

    > I have a problem with my PC.
    > I have:
    > Processor AMD AthlonXP 2800+
    > Motherboard ASUS A7V600-X (VIA KT600), ACPI BIOS Revision 1002 (release date
    > 11/12/2003).
    > CPU FAN: ARCTIC COOLING COOPER SILENT 2
    > Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1
    > PC after about 15 minutes shows a blue screen with the following message:
    > KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
    > then PC resets automatically and Windows on the next start says that there
    > was a "serious error". The problem occurs about every 15 minutes.
    >

    > What is the problem?
    >
    > Excuse me for my bad English, but I'm not English.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;it;315266&Product=winxp

    I would start with a virus scan. If you don't own anti-virus
    software, you can get the "McAfee FreeScan" from this web page.
    You have to register to get it, using a valid email address as
    part of the registration.

    http://download.mcafee.com/us/?cid=9046 (download page)
    http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp?cid=9435 (McAfee FreeScan)

    HTH,
    Paul

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:45:42 GMT, "Godfather" <godfather@godfather.it>
    wrote:

    >The problem occurs about every 15 minutes.

    does Asusprobe (on the CD with the mobo) show sensible temperatures on
    the components ? There are some BIOS updates at
    http://www.asus.com.tw/ worth getting up to date.

    Phil

Asus AMD Windows XP Motherboards