Problem with AMD XP 2800+

GodFather

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

I have a problem with my PC.
I have:
Processor AMD AthlonXP 2800+
Motherboard ASUS A7V600-X (VIA KT600), ACPI BIOS Revision 1002 (release date
11/12/2003).
CPU FAN: ARCTIC COOLING COOPER SILENT 2
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1
PC after about 15 minutes shows a blue screen with the following message:
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
then PC resets automatically and Windows on the next start says that there
was a "serious error". The problem occurs about every 15 minutes.

What is the problem?

Excuse me for my bad English, but I'm not English.

Paul

Splendid

In article <aRyAc.3731$GQ3.88030@twister2.libero.it>, "Godfather"
<godfather@godfather.it> wrote:

> I have a problem with my PC.
> I have:
> Processor AMD AthlonXP 2800+
> Motherboard ASUS A7V600-X (VIA KT600), ACPI BIOS Revision 1002 (release date
> 11/12/2003).
> CPU FAN: ARCTIC COOLING COOPER SILENT 2
> Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1
> PC after about 15 minutes shows a blue screen with the following message:
> KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
> then PC resets automatically and Windows on the next start says that there
> was a "serious error". The problem occurs about every 15 minutes.
>

> What is the problem?
>
> Excuse me for my bad English, but I'm not English.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;it;315266&Product=winxp

I would start with a virus scan. If you don't own anti-virus
software, you can get the "McAfee FreeScan" from this web page.
You have to register to get it, using a valid email address as
part of the registration.

http://download.mcafee.com/us/?cid=9046 (download page)
http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp?cid=9435 (McAfee FreeScan)

HTH,
Paul

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:45:42 GMT, "Godfather" <godfather@godfather.it>
wrote:

>The problem occurs about every 15 minutes.

does Asusprobe (on the CD with the mobo) show sensible temperatures on
the components ? There are some BIOS updates at
http://www.asus.com.tw/ worth getting up to date.

Phil