256kb vs 512kb data buffer in DVD-ROM drives: will you see..

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

Hi,

I've noticed that some DVD-ROM drives have a 512kb data buffer instead
of 256kb. When will you see a difference? Will I get better performance
with 512kb data buffer when playing movie files (Divx avi, etc..) from a

dvd or cdrom in my drive or when playing games that use the cdrom drive,

or is a 256kb DVD-ROM drive more then enough for those purposes?! Why
the difference between DVD-ROM drives in buffer size and when will you
see benifit from the extra 256kb that 512kb drives have?!

Mike.

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

I thought that this group was for ASUS MB's and not any hardware related