It starts, stops, starts again...A7V8X-MX

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 19, 2004 1:16:32 PM

A7V8X-MX SE
2600+
2 x 256Mb DDR266
300w generic power supply running just the board and HD
On board graphics and sound.

The computer is working fine except:

On switch on it powers up normally, the fans running, then after one
or two seconds it dies, a second later it restarts...after that
everything is normal.

Have tried reversing the power and reset connectors but that isn't the
fix.

Any one have an idea what is causing this?

Max
June 19, 2004 1:16:33 PM

In article <vjt6d0hc27sa3lt0ic489gu4buade70k3g@4ax.com>, Max
<none@none.au> wrote:

> A7V8X-MX SE
> 2600+
> 2 x 256Mb DDR266
> 300w generic power supply running just the board and HD
> On board graphics and sound.
>
> The computer is working fine except:
>
> On switch on it powers up normally, the fans running, then after one
> or two seconds it dies, a second later it restarts...after that
> everything is normal.
>
> Have tried reversing the power and reset connectors but that isn't the
> fix.
>
> Any one have an idea what is causing this?
>
> Max

I've seen a post about that before. Apparently it is
normal, so don't panic:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm...

Paul
June 19, 2004 4:58:06 PM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:35:06 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>In article <vjt6d0hc27sa3lt0ic489gu4buade70k3g@4ax.com>, Max
><none@none.au> wrote:
>
>> A7V8X-MX SE
>> 2600+
>> 2 x 256Mb DDR266
>> 300w generic power supply running just the board and HD
>> On board graphics and sound.
>>
>> The computer is working fine except:
>>
>> On switch on it powers up normally, the fans running, then after one
>> or two seconds it dies, a second later it restarts...after that
>> everything is normal.
>>
>> Have tried reversing the power and reset connectors but that isn't the
>> fix.
>>
>> Any one have an idea what is causing this?
>>
>> Max
>
>I've seen a post about that before. Apparently it is
>normal, so don't panic:
>
>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm...
>
> Paul

Great Paul, if its normal I can happily accept it then... :-)

I really appreciate the post, thank you.

Max
!