I/O sheild! missing from a new A7N8X-e-Deluxe Motherboard ..

Hi all!

I am 62 years old and on a disability pension and I always
wanted to buy a top of the line Asus Motherboard. W ell I just bought a
A7N8X-E-Deluxe board.I did not receive the I/O Sheild with the board.The
place I bought the board from went out of business and the only way I
can get an I/O sheild is to buy a complete new board. I would appreciate
any info on where I could purchase this item or if anyone has a used I/O
sheild I could buy.

Thanking you Kindly,

William Comeau
Fort Augustus Civic #2599
Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island
C1A7J8
Canada

Paul

Splendid

In article <40d37f53_1@netscape.ca>, William Comeau <wec@netscape.ca> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I am 62 years old and on a disability pension and I always
> wanted to buy a top of the line Asus Motherboard. W ell I just bought a
> A7N8X-E-Deluxe board.I did not receive the I/O Sheild with the board.The
> place I bought the board from went out of business and the only way I
> can get an I/O sheild is to buy a complete new board. I would appreciate
> any info on where I could purchase this item or if anyone has a used I/O
> sheild I could buy.
>
> Thanking you Kindly,
>
> William Comeau
> Fort Augustus Civic #2599
> Charlottetown
> Prince Edward Island
> C1A7J8
> Canada

Search Ebay for "A7N8X Accessory Kit":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42012&item=3487105475&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://stores.ebay.com/ASUS-PARTS-Store-By-Comptech51_ASUS-Motherboard-Kits

Asus also sells the kits, for roughly $25. Contact Asus Tech support
(USA) and get the phone number of the contact from them.

HTH,
Paul

I got a goodies kit for an a7n8x-dlx directly from Asus for $15 plus
$5 S/H (US$). Just give em a call.

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"William Comeau" <wec@netscape.ca> wrote in message
| Hi all!
|
| I am 62 years old and on a disability pension and I always
| wanted to buy a top of the line Asus Motherboard. W ell I just
bought a
| A7N8X-E-Deluxe board.I did not receive the I/O Sheild with the
board.The
| place I bought the board from went out of business and the only way
| can get an I/O sheild is to buy a complete new board. I would
appreciate
| any info on where I could purchase this item or if anyone has a used
I/O
| sheild I could buy.
|
| Thanking you Kindly,
|
| William Comeau
| Fort Augustus Civic #2599
| Charlottetown
| Prince Edward Island
| C1A7J8
| Canada

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Check out this EBAY seller's page:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=asusparts&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1

He seems to be very stocked with ASUS spare parts, including A7N8X I/O
shields. I'm fairly certain that all the flavours of the A7N8X boards use
the same I/O shield.

-phil

> Hi all!
>
> I am 62 years old and on a disability pension and I always
> wanted to buy a top of the line Asus Motherboard. W ell I just bought a
> A7N8X-E-Deluxe board.I did not receive the I/O Sheild with the board.The
> place I bought the board from went out of business and the only way I
> can get an I/O sheild is to buy a complete new board. I would appreciate
> any info on where I could purchase this item or if anyone has a used I/O
> sheild I could buy.
>
> Thanking you Kindly,
>
> William Comeau
> Fort Augustus Civic #2599
> Charlottetown
> Prince Edward Island
> C1A7J8
> Canada

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Actually, it seems the different flavours of the A7N8X boards MAY have
slighty varying I/O shield layouts. Better be safe and make sure you buy the
I/O shield that perfectly matches your particular A7N8X.

Good luck!

-phil

> Hi all!
>
> I am 62 years old and on a disability pension and I always
> wanted to buy a top of the line Asus Motherboard. W ell I just bought a
> A7N8X-E-Deluxe board.I did not receive the I/O Sheild with the board.The
> place I bought the board from went out of business and the only way I
> can get an I/O sheild is to buy a complete new board. I would appreciate
> any info on where I could purchase this item or if anyone has a used I/O
> sheild I could buy.
>
> Thanking you Kindly,
>
> William Comeau
> Fort Augustus Civic #2599
> Charlottetown
> Prince Edward Island
> C1A7J8
> Canada

dick

Or search Ebay for 'I/O shield'

William Comeau wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am 62 years old and on a disability pension and I always wanted
> to buy a top of the line Asus Motherboard. W ell I just bought a
> A7N8X-E-Deluxe board.I did not receive the I/O Sheild with the board.The
> place I bought the board from went out of business and the only way I
> can get an I/O sheild is to buy a complete new board. I would appreciate
> any info on where I could purchase this item or if anyone has a used I/O
> sheild I could buy.
>
> Thanking you Kindly,
>
> William Comeau
> Fort Augustus Civic #2599
> Charlottetown
> Prince Edward Island
> C1A7J8
> Canada

> Check out this EBAY seller's page:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=asusparts&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1

> He seems to be very stocked with ASUS spare parts, including A7N8X I/O
> shields. I'm fairly certain that all the flavours of the A7N8X boards use
> the same I/O shield.

This one, found from the above link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42012&item=3486366244
or
http://tinyurl.com/2lp6h

--
Regards,
Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)

Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
http://www.discogs.com

Thanks for the info and your time.

William

Paul wrote:
> In article <40d37f53_1@netscape.ca>, William Comeau <wec@netscape.ca> wrote:
>

>>Hi all!
>>
>> I am 62 years old and on a disability pension and I always
>>wanted to buy a top of the line Asus Motherboard. W ell I just bought a
>>A7N8X-E-Deluxe board.I did not receive the I/O Sheild with the board.The
>>place I bought the board from went out of business and the only way I
>>can get an I/O sheild is to buy a complete new board. I would appreciate
>>any info on where I could purchase this item or if anyone has a used I/O
>>sheild I could buy.
>>
>>Thanking you Kindly,
>>
>>William Comeau
>>Fort Augustus Civic #2599
>>Charlottetown
>>Prince Edward Island
>>C1A7J8
>>Canada
>

> Search Ebay for "A7N8X Accessory Kit":
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42012&item=3487105475&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
>
> http://stores.ebay.com/ASUS-PARTS-Store-By-Comptech51_ASUS-Motherboard-Kits
>
> Asus also sells the kits, for roughly $25. Contact Asus Tech support
> (USA) and get the phone number of the contact from them.
>
> HTH,
> Paul

Thanks I have found one.

William

Dick wrote:

> Or search Ebay for 'I/O shield'
>
> William Comeau wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I am 62 years old and on a disability pension and I always
>> wanted to buy a top of the line Asus Motherboard. W ell I just bought
>> a A7N8X-E-Deluxe board.I did not receive the I/O Sheild with the
>> board.The place I bought the board from went out of business and the
>> only way I can get an I/O sheild is to buy a complete new board. I
>> would appreciate any info on where I could purchase this item or if
>> anyone has a used I/O
>> sheild I could buy.
>>
>> Thanking you Kindly,
>>
>> William Comeau
>> Fort Augustus Civic #2599
>> Charlottetown
>> Prince Edward Island
>> C1A7J8
>> Canada

Thanks I have found one.

William

Phil wrote:

> Check out this EBAY seller's page:
> http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=asusparts&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1
>
> He seems to be very stocked with ASUS spare parts, including A7N8X I/O
> shields. I'm fairly certain that all the flavours of the A7N8X boards use
> the same I/O shield.
>
> -phil
>

> "William Comeau" <wec@netscape.ca> wrote in message
>
>>Hi all!
>>
>> I am 62 years old and on a disability pension and I always
>>wanted to buy a top of the line Asus Motherboard. W ell I just bought a
>>A7N8X-E-Deluxe board.I did not receive the I/O Sheild with the board.The
>>place I bought the board from went out of business and the only way I
>>can get an I/O sheild is to buy a complete new board. I would appreciate
>>any info on where I could purchase this item or if anyone has a used I/O
>>sheild I could buy.
>>
>>Thanking you Kindly,
>>
>>William Comeau
>>Fort Augustus Civic #2599
>>Charlottetown
>>Prince Edward Island
>>C1A7J8
>>Canada

Thanks for the info.

William

Phil wrote:
> He seems to be very stocked with ASUS spare parts, including A7N8X I/O
> shields. I'm fairly certain that all the flavours of the A7N8X boards use
> the same I/O shield.

Even though some come with 2 LAN, some with 1, some come with built in
video, others don't...

I'm fairly sure that they're pretty much all gonna be different!

Ben

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:48:33 -0300, William Comeau wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I am 62 years old and on a disability pension and I always
> wanted to buy a top of the line Asus Motherboard. W ell I just bought a
> A7N8X-E-Deluxe board.I did not receive the I/O Sheild with the board.The
> place I bought the board from went out of business and the only way I
> can get an I/O sheild is to buy a complete new board. I would appreciate
> any info on where I could purchase this item or if anyone has a used I/O
> sheild I could buy.

Shields? We don't need no stinkin' shields!!!

--
We HAVE been at war with Iraq for 14 years now, bombing their
country on at least a weekly basis.