Case Fans

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I've got 6 case fans plus 2 on my Antec Truepower 480 watt power supply.
This ps has special connectors for up to 3 case fans. Should I connect thye
3 fans that are pulling air in to these connectors and th 3 tahat are
rmoving the air to the regular molex connectors or vice versa.

Thanks inn advance
8 answers Last reply
More about case fans
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    "COCA COLA KID" <BUBBLEHEADPT@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
    > I've got 6 case fans plus 2 on my Antec Truepower 480 watt power supply.
    > This ps has special connectors for up to 3 case fans. Should I connect
    thye
    > 3 fans that are pulling air in to these connectors and th 3 tahat are
    > rmoving the air to the regular molex connectors or vice versa.

    You should figure out why your PC is so hot that you need that many fans!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    Cause I want 6 fans to keep it as cool as possible?
    "Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

    > "COCA COLA KID" <BUBBLEHEADPT@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
    > > I've got 6 case fans plus 2 on my Antec Truepower 480 watt power supply.
    > > This ps has special connectors for up to 3 case fans. Should I connect
    > thye
    > > 3 fans that are pulling air in to these connectors and th 3 tahat are
    > > rmoving the air to the regular molex connectors or vice versa.
    >
    > You should figure out why your PC is so hot that you need that many fans!

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    "Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

    > "COCA COLA KID" <BUBBLEHEADPT@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
    > > I've got 6 case fans plus 2 on my Antec Truepower 480 watt power supply.
    > > This ps has special connectors for up to 3 case fans. Should I connect
    > thye
    > > 3 fans that are pulling air in to these connectors and th 3 tahat are
    > > rmoving the air to the regular molex connectors or vice versa.
    >
    > You should figure out why your PC is so hot that you need that many fans!

    Duh, electronics????

    Hmmmm = Heat???

    I have more fans then that. Running below 115 degrees F.

    Plus it is is OC'd.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    > Cause I want 6 fans to keep it as cool as
    possible?

    If you want to keep it as cool as possible, don't
    plug any fans into the special fan PSU connectors.
    AFAIK they devoltage fans to run more slowly when
    the PSU thinks the case is cool. If you really
    want the case to be as cool as possible, I expect
    you'd want all your fans at full voltage; so plug
    them all into regular 12V connectors.

    I could be wrong.

    Neil
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    You are SO right! With the case fans plugged into my Antec's fan-only
    connectors the fans run at around 1000rpm, reducing their effectiveness to
    essentially nil, and causing an error on boot which asks me to consult the
    BIOS hardware monitor.

    -phil

    "Neil" <neil@chapellane69.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "COCA COLA KID" <BUBBLEHEADPT@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote
    > in message
    > > Cause I want 6 fans to keep it as cool as
    > possible?
    >
    > If you want to keep it as cool as possible, don't
    > plug any fans into the special fan PSU connectors.
    > AFAIK they devoltage fans to run more slowly when
    > the PSU thinks the case is cool. If you really
    > want the case to be as cool as possible, I expect
    > you'd want all your fans at full voltage; so plug
    > them all into regular 12V connectors.
    >
    > I could be wrong.
    >
    > Neil

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    Fans don't cool... Air movement does.

    A company I used to work for always got unbearably hot in the summer. The
    morons went out and spent a ton of money to install ceiling fans and other
    fans to move the air around. Of course there was nowhere for the air to go
    so it was actually WARMER when the fans were running (These were commercial
    fans and the motors got VERY warm when running).

    They could have put a single air exhaust into the ceiling to drop the
    temperatures.

    "COCA COLA KID" <BUBBLEHEADPT@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
    > Cause I want 6 fans to keep it as cool as possible?
    > "Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "COCA COLA KID" <BUBBLEHEADPT@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
    > > > I've got 6 case fans plus 2 on my Antec Truepower 480 watt power
    supply.
    > > > This ps has special connectors for up to 3 case fans. Should I connect
    > > thye
    > > > 3 fans that are pulling air in to these connectors and th 3 tahat are
    > > > rmoving the air to the regular molex connectors or vice versa.
    > >
    > > You should figure out why your PC is so hot that you need that many
    fans!

  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    Connect three fans that will be removing air from the case to the PS. For no
    other reason than following suit with the PS fans, they remove air also.

    Ty

    "COCA COLA KID" <BUBBLEHEADPT@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
    > I've got 6 case fans plus 2 on my Antec Truepower 480 watt power supply.
    > This ps has special connectors for up to 3 case fans. Should I connect
    thye
    > 3 fans that are pulling air in to these connectors and th 3 tahat are
    > rmoving the air to the regular molex connectors or vice versa.
    >

    > Thanks inn advance

  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    In message <to1Bc.127722$dW3.1497663@weber.videotron.net>, Phil
    <phil_essing@hotmail.com> writes
    >You are SO right! With the case fans plugged into my Antec's fan-only
    >connectors the fans run at around 1000rpm, reducing their effectiveness to
    >essentially nil, and causing an error on boot which asks me to consult the
    >BIOS hardware monitor.

    Er.... Well don't forget that if the PSU thinks the case is cool .....
    then it may actually be cool ..... therefore you don't need any fans
    wizzing around and making a racket
    If the thing warms up, the fans start to work faster. Its a wonderful
    thing called temperature control .....

    If you have a fan being monitored by the MB, you can usually switch off
    the error monitoring in the BIOS.
    followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
    followed by 'net'

Asus Cases Motherboards