Need Help with Copying/Recording a DVD Movie

Oscar

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003

Hi-

Question: How exactly do I copy/record a DVD movie, if I have a DVD+RW/-RW Drive and a CDRW/DVD Combo Drive? In which drive does a ReWritable go, and in which drive does a DVD movie go? If someone can help explain just how to accomplish this task or know of a few resource sites, I will be grateful for your help.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Oscar

peter

Hi,

You have posted to the wrong NG.
go to the following link:
http://www.videohelp.com/faq

Can I copy a DVD Movie like copy an AudioCD if I have a DVD Writer/Burner?
No, both because of DVD copy protection AND most DVD Movies are on dual layer dvds(9GB) while it only exists single layer dvdrs/dvdrw/dvd+rws(4GB) so besides "ripping and decrypting" the DVD to the harddrive you also must either cut something out, use two dvdrs or reencode like when making SVCD or VCD. Ifoedit is a good tool for all this, read more how under the DVD Ripping section DVD.

Peter

----- Oscar wrote: -----

Hi-

Question: How exactly do I copy/record a DVD movie, if I have a DVD+RW/-RW Drive and a CDRW/DVD Combo Drive? In which drive does a ReWritable go, and in which drive does a DVD movie go? If someone can help explain just how to accomplish this task or know of a few resource sites, I will be grateful for your help.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Oscar

d/load nero 6 ultra from www.imesh.com this bit of software will decode and incode the dvd for you...its a simple programme to use

Get 321's DVDXcopy Platinum. It will allow you to copy full DVD on a 4.5 gig blank DVD, while keeping it in true DVD VOB file form. You will also need Nero 6 to burn it Correctly. I back up all my DVD's useing these two programs. To answer your question, the movie goes in CDRW/DVD and blank goes in DVD+RW/-RW. Make sure to use Nero 6 to burn to blank.