Short case fan wire - is there another way?

I got a new case fan recently. I went to install it. I noticed that it
wouldn't reach the connector on the motherboard for the case fan on my
A7V333. I tried putting the fan in a different location, but I still have
the same problem. I'd rather not buy anything if I don't have to. My
question is: Would I be able to plug the case fan into the 'pwr' connector
by the cpu fan connector, or do I have to use the case fan connector?
Thanks for any help you can throw at me.

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Nope
that connector is NOT for that.
Everyone sooner or later has to buy connectors..............
I have to so I can connect my case fans to a normal "white"connector on the
psu.

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 16:34:33 GMT, "N/A" <na@none.com> wrote:

>I got a new case fan recently. I went to install it. I noticed that it
>wouldn't reach the connector on the motherboard for the case fan on my
>A7V333. I tried putting the fan in a different location, but I still have
>the same problem. I'd rather not buy anything if I don't have to. My
>question is: Would I be able to plug the case fan into the 'pwr' connector
>by the cpu fan connector, or do I have to use the case fan connector?
>Thanks for any help you can throw at me.

I had this problem with a YsTech 80mm case fan and A7VX-X m/b.

In the end, I got out my [t]rusty old soldering iron, wire
cutters/strippers, plastic-covered wire, and soft plastic
sheathing material (oh all right, and some Sellotape, too).

You can pretty much guess the rest - but don't knock it, it
works! :)

--
Angus Rodgers
(angus_prune@ eats spam; reply to angusrod@)

I had the same problem once. I bought a 3-wire fan extension for $2.99. I
know that's buying something, but it shouldn't break your bank...

Dirk