Floppy Drive Ok with Win98 disappeared after XP install

BURT

Hi,

My floppy drive has disappeared when I installed XP Pro. I was running Win 98 on this PC before, installed first XP upgrading the OS, but the floppy was missing. I then format my hard drive, and install XP from crash.
The Floppy drive was still missing.

The BIOS declaration is Ok, and the PC can boot with a Win98 boot disk.

The Floppy drive is missing from the Device manager (not even here indicating a problem!).

I have tried the 812489 Microsoft KB Article solution (remove of UpperFilters and LowerFilters in Floppy Class registry): no success.

I have tried the 817196 Microsoft KB Article solution (SmartDiak FlashPath problem with ImagePath Registry Key) : no success.

I have an InitFailed=1 in the Floppy Class registry.

Please help me, I'm running out of idea to find the cause of this pb and solve it...

Burt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My floppy drive has disappeared when I installed XP Pro. I was running Win 98 on this PC before, installed first XP upgrading the OS, but the floppy was missing. I then format my hard drive, and install XP from crash.
> The Floppy drive was still missing.
>
> The BIOS declaration is Ok, and the PC can boot with a Win98 boot disk.
>
> The Floppy drive is missing from the Device manager (not even here indicating a problem!).
>
> I have tried the 812489 Microsoft KB Article solution (remove of UpperFilters and LowerFilters in Floppy Class registry): no success.
>
> I have tried the 817196 Microsoft KB Article solution (SmartDiak FlashPath problem with ImagePath Registry Key) : no success.
>
> I have an InitFailed=1 in the Floppy Class registry.
>
> Please help me, I'm running out of idea to find the cause of this pb and solve it...

There are some FDs which are supported by W9x but not by XP, such as
tri-mode FDs. Check M$'s HCL to see if your FD is OK with XP; if not,
spend 15$US and buy a different FD.
--
Cheers, Bob

Greetings, it sounds like you have the same problem I do.
Laptop crashed, did clean install of XP Pro (NTFS), using
floppy disk setup boot. Now I can't use my a:/, which is
located on docking station. If undock, can access
external a:/. But redock can't use a:/. can hear
diskette being accessed when inserted.

Were you able to figure out your problem?

NavKnight

BURT

Not yet, wonder if I ever will...