DVD Drive being recognized as Removable Drive

Cody

Hello,

I have a Pioneer DVR-104 DVD Burner with Windows XP.
Windows XP is now recognizing my burner as "Removable
Drive (Disk)." I have uninstalled the device and
restarted. On restart, XP installs again as "Removable
Drive." I downloaded an updated firmware, but since XP
does not have it as DVD Drive, it can not find it to
update the firmware. I have tried updating the drivers to
DVD without success. I tried rolling back the drivers,
but it says there is no old drivers to rollback on. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Cody

Hummmmm, If you think that is bad, XP shows me as having
a dvd as drive h and a removable disk as drive i and I
don't have either on my pc but also my cd is listed in
the section for devices with removable media, go figure.

Cody

Found the problem....it was a bad media disc that was
causing XP to revert to removable drive. Finally got
drive to eject after cold boot and boot disc inserted.
Very weird! If any else has experienced the Media Drive
being recognized as a removable drive, and was able to fix
it please post. This seems to be a common problem for
people. Thanks