CS & CSCZ unexpectadly quits while loading

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 1, 2005 4:30:50 AM

Hi, I've been trying to get CS and CSCZ to work lately, but I have had no
luck. I load the Steam Game Browser and select a CS or CSCZ game server.
The game starts to load, but a few seconds after it gets to the splash
screen, it just plain quits and goes back to steam. Sometimes I can get it
to go to "establishing connection to network server..." but it will still
quit right after that. I used to be able to play, but one day it just
stopped. I haven't made any major changes to my computer since it stopped.
I can't figure out why any of this is happening. Can somebody help me?
Has anybody else had a similiar problem?

Thanks.

-Jeff
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 2:01:56 PM

"Jeff" <Jeff@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I've been trying to get CS and CSCZ to work lately, but I have had no
> luck. I load the Steam Game Browser and select a CS or CSCZ game server.
> The game starts to load, but a few seconds after it gets to the splash
> screen, it just plain quits and goes back to steam. Sometimes I can get
> it
> to go to "establishing connection to network server..." but it will still
> quit right after that. I used to be able to play, but one day it just
> stopped. I haven't made any major changes to my computer since it
> stopped.
> I can't figure out why any of this is happening. Can somebody help me?
> Has anybody else had a similiar problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Jeff

Have you been admin blocked for constant hacking ????? I dunno if this could
be the case or even if admins can block a user from steam, but it sounds
like a possibility.... and please don't think me rude, its just the only
reason I can think seeing as you mention nothing on your comp has
changed.....
April 1, 2005 5:30:00 PM

"Reaps" <rumppole@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
news:o _83e.8218$r47.1959@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> "Jeff" <Jeff@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, I've been trying to get CS and CSCZ to work lately, but I have
>> had no luck. I load the Steam Game Browser and select a CS or CSCZ
>> game server. The game starts to load, but a few seconds after it gets
>> to the splash screen, it just plain quits and goes back to steam.
>> Sometimes I can get it
>> to go to "establishing connection to network server..." but it will
>> still quit right after that. I used to be able to play, but one day
>> it just stopped. I haven't made any major changes to my computer
>> since it stopped.
>> I can't figure out why any of this is happening. Can somebody help
>> me? Has anybody else had a similiar problem?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -Jeff
>
> Have you been admin blocked for constant hacking ????? I dunno if this
> could be the case or even if admins can block a user from steam, but
> it sounds like a possibility.... and please don't think me rude, its
> just the only reason I can think seeing as you mention nothing on your
> comp has changed.....

haha. No I don't do anything like that. One day it just stopped working.
:(
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 9:29:38 PM

"Reaps" <rumppole@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o _83e.8218$r47.1959@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

> "Jeff" <Jeff@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, I've been trying to get CS and CSCZ to work lately, but I have had no
>> luck. I load the Steam Game Browser and select a CS or CSCZ game server.
>> The game starts to load, but a few seconds after it gets to the splash
>> screen, it just plain quits and goes back to steam. Sometimes I can get it
>> to go to "establishing connection to network server..." but it will still
>> quit right after that. I used to be able to play, but one day it just
>> stopped. I haven't made any major changes to my computer since it stopped.
>> I can't figure out why any of this is happening. Can somebody help me?
>> Has anybody else had a similiar problem?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -Jeff
>
> Have you been admin blocked for constant hacking ????? I dunno if this could
> be the case or even if admins can block a user from steam, but it sounds like
> a possibility.... and please don't think me rude, its just the only reason I
> can think seeing as you mention nothing on your comp has changed.....

I think that if he had been banned from a server or banned by VAC then the game
wouldn't quit it would just drop to the console with a message like, you have
been kicked from the server.

Have you got the games set to automatically update (on by default)?
On the day it stopped could anything on your system have performed an auto
update?
Does it affect any other steam games like TFC or DoD?
!