which b&w laser printer (usb)

Please recommend a monochrome laser for me. It needs to do B&W faster
and cheaper than my inkjet (i.e. better than measured 13 ppm, 3.6
cents per page)

Needs to be able to print on the following stock:
cheap copy paper
card stock (like post cards)
transparencies
envelopes

Needs to be USB (will be connected to a USB print server)
When in standby should be quiet and energy efficient so I can leave it
on all the time

All computers using this are XP but Linux support would be nice

Budget: $250

thanks
sathyan

sundaram.15@osu.edu (Sathyan Sundaram) wrote in message news:<2f936516.0404191202.7f24d40e@posting.google.com>...
> Please recommend a monochrome laser for me. It needs to do B&W faster
> and cheaper than my inkjet (i.e. better than measured 13 ppm, 3.6
> cents per page)
>
> Needs to be able to print on the following stock:
> cheap copy paper
> card stock (like post cards)
> transparencies
> envelopes
>

> Needs to be USB (will be connected to a USB print server)
> When in standby should be quiet and energy efficient so I can leave it
> on all the time
>
> All computers using this are XP but Linux support would be nice
>
> Budget: $250
>
> thanks
> sathyan

How about the Brother HL-5140?