DVD drive was working perfectly until today. My computer is'nt detecting my DVD ROM as well as my CD-RW & when i go DEVICE MANGAER under CONTROL PANEL there are EXCLAMATION marks along the two drives. Whats wrong and how can i fix it

In device manager right click on each device and
uninstall it then do a search for new hardware, it should
find and reinstall.

mikeh

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

I've just got exactly the same problem. HEEEEEELP!!

Well, I reinstalled DVD & CD Drives, but it there are EXCLAMATION marks along the two drives. And there is tjis msg.

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

I have all there drivers on CDs. What can i do.

----- MeSnowStalker wrote: -----

In device manager right click on each device and
uninstall it then do a search for new hardware, it should
find and reinstall.

if your using windows xp unplug the ide cable for the drive in question from the motherboard and then recconect... this should auto detect the drive and load the appropiate driver for them....make sure the system is switched off before removing any ide leads and components from your system

I have tried everything you said .... it's still giving me the error message on both of me devices.Plus, I can't even use the system restore option.What else can I do ??

----- Qaiser wrote: -----

DVD drive was working perfectly until today. My computer is'nt detecting my DVD ROM as well as my CD-RW & when i go DEVICE MANGAER under CONTROL PANEL there are EXCLAMATION marks along the two drives. Whats wrong and how can i fix it

mikeh

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Try :- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspscid=kb;en-