Setting up new P4C800-E--which drivers to install first?

Working on a new computer build and am ready to try a POST and if
successful, load XP-Pro. It is my understanding that an F-6 with a floppy
containing the Intel RAID 0 drivers (for paired Raptors) is necessary when
booting to the XP CD--are any other drivers needed for the initial setup of
this motherboard such as Intel 875P drivers or ...?... (I realize that
additional drivers will be needed for the video card and sound card, optical
drives, etc.--just wondering about drivers for the P4C800-E mobo necessary
to get Windows XP-Pro loaded on RAID 0 SATA HDDs)

MikeSp

ME

Hello Michael S.,
I'm running the same board. So far I've found as loading the OS to do
the F6, then after installation of OS completes run the cd and install the
chipset drivers, then the Intel Lan/network driver. For some reason it likes
this done before the video/sound/optical. At least my experience with this
board and Pro has been this way. You mileage may very.
ME

" <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Working on a new computer build and am ready to try a POST and if
> successful, load XP-Pro. It is my understanding that an F-6 with a floppy
> containing the Intel RAID 0 drivers (for paired Raptors) is necessary when
> booting to the XP CD--are any other drivers needed for the initial setup
of
> this motherboard such as Intel 875P drivers or ...?... (I realize that
> additional drivers will be needed for the video card and sound card,
optical
> drives, etc.--just wondering about drivers for the P4C800-E mobo necessary
> to get Windows XP-Pro loaded on RAID 0 SATA HDDs)
>
> MikeSp

TRENDING THREADS