Hard Drive doesn't receive a drive letter

I had to reinstall Windows XP over the weekend. Prior to doing this, I had all my programs running on a 40GB drive and have all my data saved on a 160GB drive. The two drives have been on one cable as master and slave for the past 8 months and worked perfectly.

After reinstalling XP, the secondary 160GB shows up in the BIOS and in disk management as Healthy (Active). However, it fails to be assigned a drive letter. Any one know how to fix this?

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the following screen,
click on Disk Management. It should now appear on the right hand side of
the screen and you can assign it a drive letter.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com