cd rw doesn't appear in explorer or device mgr.

May 19, 2004 2:11:01 PM

My cd rw doesn't appear in explorer or in the device mgr. All ide chanels are Ok (no !) and everything else seems to work. Checked the connector. The "read" light flashes with cd in drive but nothing else. Just acts like there is no cd drive on the computer. Anyone have help suggestions?

More about : explorer device mgr

Anonymous
May 19, 2004 4:21:04 PM

have you set the jumper swithch on the cdrw drive to slave? if you already have a cd rom installed it is most probably set to master.... if this is the case your cdrw drive must be set to slave on the jumper switch at the rear of the drive next to the ide lead or your cdrw drive will not appear in explorer.... hope this helps
May 21, 2004 4:01:03 AM

If that's not the problem, then someone may have hacked your registry. I had a similar problem about a year ago, and a friend of mine is having the same issue on his network. Fortunately for me I found the fix on a message board. Unfortunately for you, I don't remember what it was or which board I found it at. Sorry.
!