Sidewinder forcefeedback2 XP driver

Can anyone point me to where on this site (or anywhere else
for that matter!) I can download the WinXP driver for my
sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick.

It seems to be espeicially well hidden.

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about sidewinder forcefeedback2 driver

    Included in XP. Connect Sidewinder to PC, go to the Control Panel, click on
    Game Controllers and use the AutoDetect feature.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Kev" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone point me to where on this site (or anywhere else
    > for that matter!) I can download the WinXP driver for my
    > sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick.
    >
    > It seems to be espeicially well hidden.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Actually that is only for the gameport devices. The Sidewinder Version 2
    devices also technically have their drivers in the OS, but they load as soon
    as you plug in the device so there is no need to go into the Game
    Controllers Control Panel (unless you want to verify calibration or
    something). The key mapping software has to be installed from the setup disk
    that came with the device. If you have lost this disk you should be able to
    get one here:

    Hardware and Software replacement
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

    Joshua Smith
    DirectInput and OpenGL Test Labs
    Microsoft
    -----

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

    > Included in XP. Connect Sidewinder to PC, go to the Control Panel, click
    > on Game Controllers and use the AutoDetect feature.
    > --
    > Cari
    > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Kev" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone point me to where on this site (or anywhere else
    >> for that matter!) I can download the WinXP driver for my
    >> sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick.
    >>
    >> It seems to be espeicially well hidden.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    Call MS Parts and Replacement at 1-800-360-7651.
    Have your sidewinder device on hand when you call.

    The software for the Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 is not available online.

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Kev" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone point me to where on this site (or anywhere else
    > for that matter!) I can download the WinXP driver for my
    > sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick.
    >
    > It seems to be espeicially well hidden.
    >
    > Thanks.

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP