Sidewinder forcefeedback2 XP driver

kev

Can anyone point me to where on this site (or anywhere else
for that matter!) I can download the WinXP driver for my
sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick.

It seems to be espeicially well hidden.

Thanks.

Included in XP. Connect Sidewinder to PC, go to the Control Panel, click on
Game Controllers and use the AutoDetect feature.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Kev" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone point me to where on this site (or anywhere else
> for that matter!) I can download the WinXP driver for my
> sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick.
>
> It seems to be espeicially well hidden.
>
> Thanks.

Actually that is only for the gameport devices. The Sidewinder Version 2
devices also technically have their drivers in the OS, but they load as soon
as you plug in the device so there is no need to go into the Game
Controllers Control Panel (unless you want to verify calibration or
something). The key mapping software has to be installed from the setup disk
that came with the device. If you have lost this disk you should be able to
get one here:

Hardware and Software replacement
;326246]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

Joshua Smith
DirectInput and OpenGL Test Labs
Microsoft
-----

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

> Included in XP. Connect Sidewinder to PC, go to the Control Panel, click
> on Game Controllers and use the AutoDetect feature.
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Kev" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone point me to where on this site (or anywhere else
>> for that matter!) I can download the WinXP driver for my
>> sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick.
>>
>> It seems to be espeicially well hidden.
>>
>> Thanks.

Call MS Parts and Replacement at 1-800-360-7651.
Have your sidewinder device on hand when you call.

The software for the Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 is not available online.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -