New 1008 bios for older A7N8X boards

Sam

The listing is dated 6/18/04. According to their website at
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X%20Deluxe
the new A7N8X Deluxe BIOS 1008 is for PCB revision 1.04, and 1.06
only.

Only two changes are listed:
> 1. Add boot option to select boot from SCSI or SATA.
> 2. Update FSB400 romsip table.

I don't know how that last item affects those trying to use the newer
400 FSB chips. I'd love to hear from those who've tried it.

Sam

Sam wrote:
> The listing is dated 6/18/04. According to their website at
> http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X%20Deluxe
> the new A7N8X Deluxe BIOS 1008 is for PCB revision 1.04, and 1.06
> only.
>
> Only two changes are listed:
>> 1. Add boot option to select boot from SCSI or SATA.
>> 2. Update FSB400 romsip table.
>
> I don't know how that last item affects those trying to use the newer
> 400 FSB chips. I'd love to hear from those who've tried it.

Oooh!! Does it support nVidia System Utility???

Liking No1 too.

Ben

Sam

Sometime on, or about Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:47:47 +0100, Ben Pope
scribbled:

> Sam wrote:
>> The listing is dated 6/18/04. According to their website at
>> http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X%20Deluxe
>> the new A7N8X Deluxe BIOS 1008 is for PCB revision 1.04, and 1.06
>> only.
>>
>> Only two changes are listed:
>>> 1. Add boot option to select boot from SCSI or SATA.
>>> 2. Update FSB400 romsip table.
>>
>> I don't know how that last item affects those trying to use the newer
>> 400 FSB chips. I'd love to hear from those who've tried it.
>
> Oooh!! Does it support nVidia System Utility???
>
> Liking No1 too.
>
> Ben

Yes... obviously those that with both SCSI and SATA drives had a
problem before. The new option gives you a choice as to which one has
boot priority.

Sam

Nero wrote:
> No it does not

Grrr...

Was kinda hoping it did, and that there would be one for Rev2 boards.

Ben

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Who knows..........
I am on my first ASUS board after using Gigabyte and MSI ones.........
my last board was an MSI K7N2 Delta that drove me nuts with lockups on
boot up(did not like cheap ram).....
So I thought time to change............
What did I go for?
An A7N8X dlx................
not a lot of difference chipset wise but more tolerant of ram(at least I
have found).
I have 1Gb of Crucial PC2700(512x2),never had any probs at all.
Add to that an XP2800+, DVD rom, DVD RW (all formats inc DVD
ram)..............

I have two A7N8X-e, rev 1.01 and 1.02.
No BIOSes any longer found for those boards
on the site.

What happens with those boards ? Not supported any more ?

"Sam" <srs2_11NOT@hotmailNOT.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Sometime on, or about Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:47:47 +0100, Ben Pope
> scribbled:
>
> > Sam wrote:
> >> The listing is dated 6/18/04. According to their website at

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X%20Deluxe
> >> the new A7N8X Deluxe BIOS 1008 is for PCB revision 1.04, and 1.06
> >> only.
> >>
> >> Only two changes are listed:
> >>
> >> I don't know how that last item affects those trying to use the newer
> >> 400 FSB chips. I'd love to hear from those who've tried it.
> >
> > Oooh!! Does it support nVidia System Utility???
> >
> > Liking No1 too.
> >
> > Ben
>
> Yes... obviously those that with both SCSI and SATA drives had a
> problem before. The new option gives you a choice as to which one has
> boot priority.
>
> Sam

Sam

"Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote in message
> Who knows..........
> I am on my first ASUS board after using Gigabyte and MSI ones.........
> my last board was an MSI K7N2 Delta that drove me nuts with lockups on
> boot up(did not like cheap ram).....
> So I thought time to change............
> What did I go for?
> An A7N8X dlx................
> not a lot of difference chipset wise but more tolerant of ram(at least I
> have found).
> I have 1Gb of Crucial PC2700(512x2),never had any probs at all.
> Add to that an XP2800+, DVD rom, DVD RW (all formats inc DVD

Does the 1008 BIOS give higher FSBs?
--
Doug Ramage

[watch spam trap]