Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Only 13 Today Plugins Allowed for WM2003

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 6:49:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I have installed many software that add plugins to Today screen. The maximum
number allowed are 13. If there are 13 plugins installed and I install more,
one of the existing plugins will be erased from the plugins list, or the new
plugins such as Calendar Bar will not show up after installation.

Is there a limit of 13 plugins for Today screen for WM2003? I use an O2XDA
II.

Anyone come across this limitation? Advise would be appreciated

Sanchai
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 6:49:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

> Is there a limit of 13 plugins for Today screen for WM2003?

Yes, there is. No way around it.

--
Marc Zimmermann
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Pocket PC User Groups http://www.clubpocketpc.de
Personal Homepage http://www.zimac.de
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 6:49:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

This is an old story, and it relates to the 32 process limit on WM2003.

Microsoft has released information to developers instructing them to write
their plugins as services, and explaining how to do it. This would solve the
problem, since opening the plugin as a service saves processes, since they
all open as threads of a single service process.

Some developers have already done that to their plugins, like with Spb
Pocket Plus, but others haven't done it and continue to write as they did
for PPC2002.

You should write to the developers of the plugins you use explaining them
this problem and pointing them to the page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com


"Marc Zimmermann [MVP]" <this.address@is.invalid> wrote in message
news:eJgqGl4TEHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > Is there a limit of 13 plugins for Today screen for WM2003?
>
> Yes, there is. No way around it.
>
> --
> Marc Zimmermann
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
>
> Pocket PC User Groups http://www.clubpocketpc.de
> Personal Homepage http://www.zimac.de
>
>
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 10:15:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Well, after talking privately to Marc I am not completely sure of what I
wrote before. I am going to research that a little and be sure.

--
********************************************************
Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Editor-in-Chief
Pocket PC Freak - The Hebrew Pocket PC site
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
********************************************************
"Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com>
wrote in message news:%23P4GXf5TEHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> This is an old story, and it relates to the 32 process limit on WM2003.
>
> Microsoft has released information to developers instructing them to write
> their plugins as services, and explaining how to do it. This would solve
the
> problem, since opening the plugin as a service saves processes, since they
> all open as threads of a single service process.
>
> Some developers have already done that to their plugins, like with Spb
> Pocket Plus, but others haven't done it and continue to write as they did
> for PPC2002.
>
> You should write to the developers of the plugins you use explaining them
> this problem and pointing them to the page
>
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...
>
> --
> Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
> http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
>
>
> "Marc Zimmermann [MVP]" <this.address@is.invalid> wrote in message
> news:eJgqGl4TEHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > > Is there a limit of 13 plugins for Today screen for WM2003?
> >
> > Yes, there is. No way around it.
> >
> > --
> > Marc Zimmermann
> > Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
> >
> > Pocket PC User Groups http://www.clubpocketpc.de
> > Personal Homepage http://www.zimac.de
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 2:02:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

After some hacking on my device, I came to the conclusion that it might not
be connected to the 32 processes limitation. I have plugins that run
separately as a process and others that run as services, but whatever
combination of them I used, I have never managed to surpass the 13 plugins,
even when I was still far from the 32 processes.

Sorry that I misled you in my first answer.

--
********************************************************
Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Editor-in-Chief
Pocket PC Freak - The Hebrew Pocket PC site
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
********************************************************
"Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com>
wrote in message news:o QHCXZ8TEHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Well, after talking privately to Marc I am not completely sure of what I
> wrote before. I am going to research that a little and be sure.
>
> --
> ********************************************************
> Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Editor-in-Chief
> Pocket PC Freak - The Hebrew Pocket PC site
> http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
> ********************************************************
> "Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com>
> wrote in message news:%23P4GXf5TEHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > This is an old story, and it relates to the 32 process limit on WM2003.
> >
> > Microsoft has released information to developers instructing them to
write
> > their plugins as services, and explaining how to do it. This would solve
> the
> > problem, since opening the plugin as a service saves processes, since
they
> > all open as threads of a single service process.
> >
> > Some developers have already done that to their plugins, like with Spb
> > Pocket Plus, but others haven't done it and continue to write as they
did
> > for PPC2002.
> >
> > You should write to the developers of the plugins you use explaining
them
> > this problem and pointing them to the page
> >
>
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...
> >
> > --
> > Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
> > http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
> >
> >
> > "Marc Zimmermann [MVP]" <this.address@is.invalid> wrote in message
> > news:eJgqGl4TEHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > > > Is there a limit of 13 plugins for Today screen for WM2003?
> > >
> > > Yes, there is. No way around it.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Marc Zimmermann
> > > Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
> > >
> > > Pocket PC User Groups http://www.clubpocketpc.de
> > > Personal Homepage http://www.zimac.de
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 1:53:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi,

I too have a O2 XDA II with about 19 plugins and only the most recent
ones appear in the today setup screen. It's most annoying since I like
to have Calendar on my screen.

I did a bit of hunting in the registry and found that the most recent
installed program is always on the top on the list. When I renamed
"Calendar" to "Calendar2" and back to "Calendar" using a registry
editor it forced it to the top of the list again. Open the today
settings page and close again to activate the changes. Works for me.


--
andyb749

Andy
------------------------------------------------------------------------
andyb749's Profile: http://www.ppczone.net/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&...
View this thread: http://www.ppczone.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=17...
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 5:45:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hello,

If you're the editor in chief, then perhaps you could point me at some software. I'm looking for Torah and Talmud
software that has the same functionality as Pocket Quran http://www.imaginet-software.com/index.aspx?p=quran


Thanks.
Please reply the the newsgroup as the email address is a phake.



Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices wrote:
> Well, after talking privately to Marc I am not completely sure of what I
> wrote before. I am going to research that a little and be sure.
>
>--
>********************************************************
>Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>Editor-in-Chief
>Pocket PC Freak - The Hebrew Pocket PC site
>http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
>********************************************************

--
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, ยง227, any and
all unsolicited commercial Email sent to this address is subject to a
download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US. Emailing denotes
acceptance of these terms.
!