Installed new MB, now 'no system' disk error

Replaced a P4S8X with an Abit IC7, and retained same hardware configuartion
except for the new cpu.

Ive got two HD's each with two partitions. I have connected them with the
the one containing my XP operating system as the master and the other as the
slave. Just as they were on my original MB. However when I try to start, im
getting the message that the disk is invalid and not a system disk..

Im using the motherboard default bios settings, and have checked that all
the drives including the floppy and CD rom are being recognised.

It did kick in initially, and gave me a stop error screen, indicating a
possible virus or invalid HDD. It also gave me this stop screen in safe
mode, and i did not actually get into windows.

Is it possible that the boot sector of my drive is corrupt? What other
possible causes. Its unlikey to be a virus as im not online, and my virus
checker worked fine today.

Gerry; Abbott

You need to do a repair install of XP

steve

"Gerry Abbott" <please@ask.ie> wrote in message
> Replaced a P4S8X with an Abit IC7, and retained same hardware
configuartion
> except for the new cpu.
>
> Ive got two HD's each with two partitions. I have connected them with the
> the one containing my XP operating system as the master and the other as
the
> slave. Just as they were on my original MB. However when I try to start,
im
> getting the message that the disk is invalid and not a system disk..
>
> Im using the motherboard default bios settings, and have checked that all
> the drives including the floppy and CD rom are being recognised.
>
> It did kick in initially, and gave me a stop error screen, indicating a
> possible virus or invalid HDD. It also gave me this stop screen in safe
> mode, and i did not actually get into windows.
>
> Is it possible that the boot sector of my drive is corrupt? What other
> possible causes. Its unlikey to be a virus as im not online, and my virus
> checker worked fine today.
>
> Gerry; Abbott

How do I do that. ??