USB CARD READER

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 21, 2004 5:46:50 PM

Hi

Ive been given an internal usb card reader, model ECS UCR-61SB,
version 1.1. Ive connected it to the internal USB header and it gets
detected as unknown usb device. Anyone got one of thses working on a
a7n8x-e deluxe?. Ive tried the ECS website for drivers but no joy.

Any help appriciated.

Kerry

More about : usb card reader

June 21, 2004 5:46:51 PM

In article <m1mdd0lnltq6pr8q8u25i96qcfg7dd6tbm@4ax.com>, me!!
<pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Ive been given an internal usb card reader, model ECS UCR-61SB,
> version 1.1. Ive connected it to the internal USB header and it gets
> detected as unknown usb device. Anyone got one of thses working on a
> a7n8x-e deluxe?. Ive tried the ECS website for drivers but no joy.
>
> Any help appriciated.
>
> Kerry

What OS are you using ? It is possible it is relying on the OS
to enumerate the interfaces on the USB and an older OS might not
understand a card reader.

This is for a different model number:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm...

This again is for a different model number, and includes a reference
to a driver. Use a good virus scanner :-)

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm...
http://personalpages.tds.net/~wilykat/BIOSUNLOCK_AP_1_9...

Product page ?
http://www.ecs.com.tw/products/peripherals.htm?submenu_...

Manuals
http://www.ecs.com.tw/download/manual_p.htm
Says needs driver for Win98SE/Win2K. WinMe/WinXP are plug and pray.

Finally, found some drivers here. Try these, before going for the
BIOSUNLOCK one.

ftp://ftp.ecs.com.tw/driver/peripheral/

Good luck, you'll need it :-)

Paul
June 22, 2004 2:33:25 AM

me!! <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus:

> Ive been given an internal usb card reader, model ECS UCR-61SB,
> version 1.1. Ive connected it to the internal USB header and it gets
> detected as unknown usb device. Anyone got one of thses working on a
> a7n8x-e deluxe?. Ive tried the ECS website for drivers but no joy.

I guess it's not your mobo detecting, but your OS. Maybe it's a good
idea to tell what OS you're using.

--
CeeBee

EMH Mark I: "Stop breathing down my neck."
EMH Mark II: "My breath is merely a simulation."
EMH Mark I: "So is my neck. Stop it anyway."
a b V Motherboard
June 23, 2004 7:46:34 PM

Are you sure you hooked it up right? I've had this before with 2 external
card readers, but in the end, I shorted out both of them because the front
USB ports weren't hooked up correctly to the motherboard. Once I fixed the
cables around, I got unknown device and it said there was a malfunction.
They never worked again since.
"CeeBee" <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in message
> me!! <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus:
>

> > Ive been given an internal usb card reader, model ECS UCR-61SB,
> > version 1.1. Ive connected it to the internal USB header and it gets
> > detected as unknown usb device. Anyone got one of thses working on a
> > a7n8x-e deluxe?. Ive tried the ECS website for drivers but no joy.
>
> I guess it's not your mobo detecting, but your OS. Maybe it's a good
> idea to tell what OS you're using.
>

> --
> CeeBee
>

> EMH Mark I: "Stop breathing down my neck."
> EMH Mark II: "My breath is merely a simulation."
> EMH Mark I: "So is my neck. Stop it anyway."

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 23, 2004 7:53:56 PM

See if by chance this driver website might help...
http://64.168.125.230/support/ECS/CardReader/internal/

!