USB CARD READER

Hi

Ive been given an internal usb card reader, model ECS UCR-61SB,
version 1.1. Ive connected it to the internal USB header and it gets
detected as unknown usb device. Anyone got one of thses working on a
a7n8x-e deluxe?. Ive tried the ECS website for drivers but no joy.

Any help appriciated.

Kerry
4 answers Last reply
More about card reader

    In article <m1mdd0lnltq6pr8q8u25i96qcfg7dd6tbm@4ax.com>, me!!
    <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Ive been given an internal usb card reader, model ECS UCR-61SB,
    > version 1.1. Ive connected it to the internal USB header and it gets
    > detected as unknown usb device. Anyone got one of thses working on a
    > a7n8x-e deluxe?. Ive tried the ECS website for drivers but no joy.
    >
    > Any help appriciated.
    >
    > Kerry

    What OS are you using ? It is possible it is relying on the OS
    to enumerate the interfaces on the USB and an older OS might not
    understand a card reader.

    This is for a different model number:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=bg173t%24mef%2404%241%40news.t-online.com

    This again is for a different model number, and includes a reference
    to a driver. Use a good virus scanner :-)

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=064dsv47md95v4plidg7kcfdufj9j3d01i%404ax.com
    http://personalpages.tds.net/~wilykat/BIOSUNLOCK_AP_1_9E.zip

    Product page ?
    http://www.ecs.com.tw/products/peripherals.htm?submenu_id=17&function_id=14

    Manuals
    http://www.ecs.com.tw/download/manual_p.htm
    Says needs driver for Win98SE/Win2K. WinMe/WinXP are plug and pray.

    Finally, found some drivers here. Try these, before going for the
    BIOSUNLOCK one.

    ftp://ftp.ecs.com.tw/driver/peripheral/

    Good luck, you'll need it :-)

    Paul

    me!! <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus:

    > Ive been given an internal usb card reader, model ECS UCR-61SB,
    > version 1.1. Ive connected it to the internal USB header and it gets
    > detected as unknown usb device. Anyone got one of thses working on a
    > a7n8x-e deluxe?. Ive tried the ECS website for drivers but no joy.

    I guess it's not your mobo detecting, but your OS. Maybe it's a good
    idea to tell what OS you're using.

    --
    CeeBee

    EMH Mark I: "Stop breathing down my neck."
    EMH Mark II: "My breath is merely a simulation."
    EMH Mark I: "So is my neck. Stop it anyway."

    Are you sure you hooked it up right? I've had this before with 2 external
    card readers, but in the end, I shorted out both of them because the front
    USB ports weren't hooked up correctly to the motherboard. Once I fixed the
    cables around, I got unknown device and it said there was a malfunction.
    They never worked again since.
    "CeeBee" <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in message
    > me!! <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus:
    >

    > > Ive been given an internal usb card reader, model ECS UCR-61SB,
    > > version 1.1. Ive connected it to the internal USB header and it gets
    > > detected as unknown usb device. Anyone got one of thses working on a
    > > a7n8x-e deluxe?. Ive tried the ECS website for drivers but no joy.
    >
    > I guess it's not your mobo detecting, but your OS. Maybe it's a good
    > idea to tell what OS you're using.
    >

    > --
    > CeeBee
    >

    > EMH Mark I: "Stop breathing down my neck."
    > EMH Mark II: "My breath is merely a simulation."
    > EMH Mark I: "So is my neck. Stop it anyway."

    See if by chance this driver website might help...
    http://64.168.125.230/support/ECS/CardReader/internal/
    "me!!" <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Ive been given an internal usb card reader, model ECS UCR-61SB,
    > version 1.1. Ive connected it to the internal USB header and it gets
    > detected as unknown usb device. Anyone got one of thses working on a
    > a7n8x-e deluxe?. Ive tried the ECS website for drivers but no joy.
    >
    > Any help appriciated.
    >
    > Kerry

Asus USB Card Reader ECS USB Motherboards