A7n8x Deluxe Fast Clock

I've had my A7N8X Deluxe 1.04 for over a year, and I notice that every once
in a while (about every 3rd boot or reboot), the clock starts to run fast.
Initially I didnt notice until my clock was about 20 minutes too fast (which
only took a couple days).
Now I can tell immidiately because my max downloads from the internet
suddenly drop about 30% (which means the clock is running fast, and the
computer is miscalculating the download speed). I do this test every time I
reboot to make sure.

I've seen quite a number of people report this problem with this board. Was
there ever a solution?
I've cleared my cmos (which I do whenever I install a new bios anyway), I
have the latest bios, I replaced the cmos battery but nothing helps. The
good news is that I rarely reboot.
Some people mention that using the xp clock synchronizer fixes the clock
problem, but, some programs get totally messed up when the clock is running
too fast (see above) and some games tend not to work properly (stutter), so
this really isnt a solution.

Is is your board clock or the XP clock which runs fast for you? I have
had the XP problem, which is sorted by stopping, unloading, reloading,
and restarting the Windows Timer service, but that does not affect the
board clock - a reboot transiently resets the XP clock to the correct
time. If you reboot, is the time correct, or is it still fast?

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:03:05 -0500, "edde"
<waver777@hotmail.comNOSPAM> wrote:

>I've had my A7N8X Deluxe 1.04 for over a year, and I notice that every once
>in a while (about every 3rd boot or reboot), the clock starts to run fast.
>Initially I didnt notice until my clock was about 20 minutes too fast (which
>only took a couple days).
>Now I can tell immidiately because my max downloads from the internet
>suddenly drop about 30% (which means the clock is running fast, and the
>computer is miscalculating the download speed). I do this test every time I
>reboot to make sure.
>
>I've seen quite a number of people report this problem with this board. Was
>there ever a solution?
>I've cleared my cmos (which I do whenever I install a new bios anyway), I
>have the latest bios, I replaced the cmos battery but nothing helps. The
>good news is that I rarely reboot.
>Some people mention that using the xp clock synchronizer fixes the clock
>problem, but, some programs get totally messed up when the clock is running
>too fast (see above) and some games tend not to work properly (stutter), so
>this really isnt a solution.

Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
Peter R. Fletcher